Sundown Audio

rf 1500bd vs planet audio ap3000d

manny10473

Well as I stated in another post..my dads ap3000 got messed up...now we are trying to replace it but I dnt really know what to get...the p.a. Is rated at 2300rms..which I dnt really know if its what it actually puts out.. Rf from what I've read is usually underrated.. what do you guys think from past experience or observation... would the rockford amp be enough to push 3 kicker cvx 12s... does any1 know what's the actual out of the planet audio??

Also the reason we are tryin to get a new amp is that the planet audio is about 2 years old and for some reason even though it was bought at a shop we were told the warranty does not cover it. Also price to replace it is 400+ not worth it for a 2 yr amp that wasn't abused in any way..

How bout an Audiopipe 3000D, will do right around rated power @ 2ohms though and will match up perfectly depending on coils. The RF amp will only do like 500w or less per woofer depending on final impedance load. It would almost be a waste of the cone area w/ that amps, can almost guarantee you'd be louder running 2 of the CVXs with that RF amp.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

• 3 weeks later...

i would go with rockford but that all depends on the impedance rockford always is underated each amp comes with a birth certificate of actual rating ive alwayz enjoyed RF their sound quality is amazing and so is there power good customer service too

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

The 1500's usually do around 1800-1990@1ohm or so what I've saw from RF birthsheets.... if that helps you any.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

those planet audio amps suck i have had at least 6-8 customers blow they have a major design flaw and we have talked with planet about it and they say we are the only ones with problems.i have not clamped one of those but there BB which is there high end rated at 2400 clamped about 1400 at 2.5 ohm if pused low they will do the power but the AP3000 is a whole different animal we dont even sell them anymore cuz they have so many problems. As for the warranty they cover damn near anything and it is for two years we do over the counter exchange but i would try to enforce the warranty,if you talk to the right people you may even get an upgrade to the BB2400 for almost nothing.We had so many problems with them they swapped the AP3000 for the BB2400 at no cost and the 2400 will do much more power than the AP3000. if it has been any less than 2years i would get forcefull and push the warranty especially if you bought it from your local shop.

If you have dual 4 ohm, get an audiopipe 3000. (about 8-900 per woofer)

If you have dual 2 ohm, get the rockford 1500. (about 550-650 per woofer)

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

those planet audio amps suck i have had at least 6-8 customers blow they have a major design flaw and we have talked with planet about it and they say we are the only ones with problems.i have not clamped one of those but there BB which is there high end rated at 2400 clamped about 1400 at 2.5 ohm if pused low they will do the power but the AP3000 is a whole different animal we dont even sell them anymore cuz they have so many problems. As for the warranty they cover damn near anything and it is for two years we do over the counter exchange but i would try to enforce the warranty,if you talk to the right people you may even get an upgrade to the BB2400 for almost nothing.We had so many problems with them they swapped the AP3000 for the BB2400 at no cost and the 2400 will do much more power than the AP3000. if it has been any less than 2years i would get forcefull and push the warranty especially if you bought it from your local shop.

yes agreed totaly im disapointed with the planet audio ap3000 alot happyier with my planet audio vx2200d my friend installed one in a customers car seems to make good power but it doesnt have a soft turn on when shutting down it thumps the subs like old school amps used to do and hes using the bb squared power subs the amp pushes them good but not good enough to me but the cutomer is happy im dissapointed with the amp though but the bb amps are still good thank god

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

yes agreed totaly im disapointed with the planet audio ap3000 alot happyier with my planet audio vx2200d my friend installed one in a customers car seems to make good power but it doesnt have a soft turn on when shutting down it thumps the subs like old school amps used to do and hes using the bb squared power subs the amp pushes them good but not good enough to me but the cutomer is happy im dissapointed with the amp though but the bb amps are still good thank god

i run that same vx2200d rt. now on 2 L7s and it slams on half gain but again those L7s are only 750 rms... for the $ and if u have enuff electrical it OK, but next week im upgrading !!!! DOING BIGGER AND BETTER SHIDDDD.....

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

Archived