Sonic Electronix

Guest Nismofreak

For 2 man its a hell of a deal. I'm 16 with a permit. I have crazy plans for my car. You can be never to loud.

so u think 250 dollars for two subs is cheap lol thats alot to me i could get regular old subs to get ass loud as really expensive subs say i buy a sub for 150 dollars and u buy a sub for 450 dollars and there the same size and the specs are exactly the smae the subs would sound right around alike u would just be paying for the name brand right

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

that wasnt 70 for two that was 1 for 70 wasnt it let me go check

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

There is a lot you need to do before worring about more or newer subs. Looking at you pics, the first thing I would have you do is address the box. Plywood is not a good choice. Second was the box planned for those subs or was it a put together and try? not that we all haven't done that onec or twice in our lives, but to get a better sound you will need a better box.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

yeah i know that i used the re audio L port calculator and i built the box out of plywood so i good change the port around tuning wise until i get what i want then i am going to build it out of 3/4 plywood which i already have the sheet in the basement i would really like to run 4 tens but i still want to be able to get to my spare tire which most people neer car they make a box that just covers the whole spare tire area i have my box on a shelf where i can still get my spare out if i want to

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

well if you can look into using MDF, I know you might be low on funds but it wil really make the difference. plywood leaks, so sound is lost.

If I were you, I would work with the 2 tens first, more isn't always better, max out with what you can do tith 2 first. You can still add a little more power to those tens as well, so if done right, it will be better then 4

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i really want four tens or four twelves if i could get them to fit i wish i could make a enclousure that would be like half moon to round the circle of the spare tire hole so i could fit 4 tens or 4 twelves if u know what i mean i could draw a picture in paint if u want a design maybe steve could help me tune it to correct cause that would be hard for me to tune that.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

If i were you ide bump wat you have until you have some money to spend on some better quility stuff. You would be alot happier with a better quility sub. No point in throwing away money man.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)