Second Skin Audio

What did i just do to my fi bl?

u need to figure out why this happened because it was USER error... not the sub or amp

so likely u either have

low voltage

gains too high

too much bass boost

clipping the headunit

it was fine till i started messin wit the gains but yeah it prob was my fault. i just need a idea of what the settings should be for when i get a 09 model. my old one was stock also

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

it was fine till i started messin wit the gains but yeah it prob was my fault. i just need a idea of what the settings should be for when i get a 09 model. my old one was stock also

Do yourself a favor and invest in an oscope, or if you know someone that has one, ask them to help you set your gains. In the Videos section, Steve did some great video tutorials on setting your gains. You should go view them.

Edited by bobonit

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

get a voltmeter so you can monitor your voltage,

also when you smell something its just a sign that you need to turn it down.

haha i played woofer cooker threw an old kicker 8 n smoked started poreing out of it n i cut it down, n then cut it up past what it was on n no more smoke came out of it n the sub had more excursion than it did, wut happined there?

and weres a good place to get one of these oscopes at? parts express?

i want the cheapest one i can get thats still good quality wise

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

haha i played woofer cooker threw an old kicker 8 n smoked started poreing out of it n i cut it down, n then cut it up past what it was on n no more smoke came out of it n the sub had more excursion than it did, wut happined there?

and weres a good place to get one of these oscopes at? parts express?

i want the cheapest one i can get thats still good quality wise

tore the spiders?

find a used one on ebay.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

nah vc still stiff, i unno

ive always thought a lil smoke comes when woofer gets hot n melts glue, how far gone does a sub need to be to be blown?

but ya i need an oscope too, what are good brands?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

why? thats just wasting money IMO. getting a recone is sub-$100.

i would just get a recone but im about to get a wall built for 4 15 fi bls but the bl i got now is a 08 model so im gonna go ahead and get a new one so when i buy the other 3 theyll all match and work together

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333