Sonic Electronix

It's been a while since I've had to use a relay to turn on multiple amps. Next week I'll be adding the 4th amp to my car and I think that I'll probably need a relay to help turn 4 of them on. Here's what I've come up with and if any of you that have experience with it can say yes this is right or no you need to do this instead I would really appreciate it. Like I said it's been a while but I think this is right. I haven't used a relay for anything coming up on 3 years since I left the shop that I worked at.

amprelaypic.jpg

Thanks for any help and if this is the correct way I'll change the title of the thread and maybe it can get stickied so that others can see how to do this if they need to.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

7A7IvS05aM.gif

Fans is where the amps would go

I'm not sure if your familiar with relays but that is going to do the same exact thing as my diagram. Thanks for taking the time to look it up but you can interchange 30 and 87 in this case. I double checked it after I put this question up in the notes that I found and my diagram is going to work. Well at least that's what my notes say, but after seeing your diagram here it is the same circuit.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'm not sure if your familiar with relays but that is going to do the same exact thing as my diagram. Thanks for taking the time to look it up but you can interchange 30 and 87 in this case. I double checked it after I put this question up in the notes that I found and my diagram is going to work. Well at least that's what my notes say, but after seeing your diagram here it is the same circuit.

I know that. But, I didn't compare the 2 till I had the pic posted, Plus Its a nicer graphic. I know how and when to use a relay, I alway go to the 12volts website to make sure I do not fail. lol

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

why not just hook straight up to your ignition?

i've got a focus and i can show you how to pop out the ignition and do it

or maybe you don't want the amps on everytime the ignition is on?

Yep that's all good. Just make sure you remember to fuse it and CHECK IF THE RELAY HAS A SHUNTING DIODE IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEADUNIT

tell me more about the shunting diode this is the first i have heard of it

thanks

new system in the works

(3) DC lvl 4xls 15's (one of three are here)

(2) DD z1 (done)

old kenwood four ch

4 runs of 2/0 (done)

? 200 amp alt may two ??

When you turn the relay off the electromagnetic field collapses and induces a large back EMF (200v+) in the coil. This can easily kill the remote turn-on circuit in your deck (and a bunch of other stuff) depending how it's designed.

If you put a diode in parallel across the coil of the relay then it will 'shunt' or 'quench' this spike. Some relays have one built in for this very reason.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!