Second Skin Audio

12's ported vs 15s sealed

I was i bit more satisfied with my sealed 15s in my car today on the lows, but they dont get super low like i like. i had my windows down and my windows and doors were flexin a ton. I like being able to get down to atleast 20 hz. for more feeling than hearing though.

that's exactly what i want! not trying to be a thread robber, but i want PAIN in my chest more than i do ear wax coming out of my ears. i thought that this would be impossible to achieve, but if it's a SEALED box that can do this.....then i'm tuned in bro. let me know how it goes for ya.

Corporal, USMC

since you have worked with only ported boxes, why not try sealed? see if you like it. if not, then oh well, just throw the box away.

sealed boxes are very easy to make anyways.

since you have worked with only ported boxes, why not try sealed? see if you like it. if not, then oh well, just throw the box away.

sealed boxes are very easy to make anyways.

i have use sealed, i started out with sealed, changed to ported, now ive got a sealed box again.

but you dont ride around with your doors open lol thats great for demos but if im not mistaken i think you want it to be like that sealed up try a 4th order its ported and sealed

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.

but you dont ride around with your doors open lol thats great for demos but if im not mistaken i think you want it to be like that sealed up try a 4th order its ported and sealed

yea, windows down work pretty good though, nothing close to doors open.

i have been looking at some 4th order and 6 order boxes

i got a q about certain 6th orders. whats the difference with a sixth order that just ports the front chamber and the back chamber, and one that ports the rear chamber into the front chamber and ports the front chamber?

yea, windows down work pretty good though, nothing close to doors open.

i have been looking at some 4th order and 6 order boxes

i got a q about certain 6th orders. whats the difference with a sixth order that just ports the front chamber and the back chamber, and one that ports the rear chamber into the front chamber and ports the front chamber?

from what i understand about them i might be wrong but from what i under stand a 4th has the bandwith of a sealed box due to being part seal and the ported part help you pick up your lows better so there great for playing anything and with a 6th order there great for lows due to having 2ported chambers and move a shit ton of air so they dont pick up every thing that a 4th order would but what they pick up they will be louder kinda like a normal ported and sealed just more effecient

lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.