old guy needed a ride home

ive always wanted to pull over and help people on the side of the freeway but i dont want to stop by myself. i wish it was like the old days when one of the 1st cars along would stop and help some one on the side of the road. or help a woman push her broken down car off the road or to a gas station. instead everyone just honks at the inconvinience of them being held up for another min while traffic funnels around the stranded woman.

not long ago i saw an older woman walking up the street. I live on a big hill and that's what she was walking up. she had a big box of tide and a bag. i gave her a ride. buses dont come within miles of my house so who knows how long this lady was walking. she must have really wanted that tide.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you can't trust people anymore which is a shame. once they stopped public hangings crime rose...

back in 88 I took a weeks while in the military off and did some hitch hiking Canada to Florida to Chicago... it was pretty fun, met some weird arse people for sure.. but back in the early 80's it was the way i got around...

now you have the freaks out and about... look at the moron that strangled all those females in Cleveland... shit if he would of advertised I could of sent him my ex-wife...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

you can't trust people anymore which is a shame. once they stopped public hangings crime rose...

back in 88 I took a weeks while in the military off and did some hitch hiking Canada to Florida to Chicago... it was pretty fun, met some weird arse people for sure.. but back in the early 80's it was the way i got around...

now you have the freaks out and about... look at the moron that strangled all those females in Cleveland... shit if he would of advertised I could of sent him my ex-wife...

It's not that you can't trust people anymore, it's just the whole public persona that people are terrible. 95% of our news now a days focuses on bad things that people do because it makes "good news". We're brought up and led to believe that people in general aren't good people. The reason why hitch hiking was so prevolent in the 60s and 70s was because folks generally believed that others were trustworthy and overall good people.

Since the start of time there has been serial killers like the guy in Cleveland, the only difference now is that it's reported on 24 hours a day and people hear about it all the time. This makes it sound like because there is one horrible person among us, then people as a whole can't be trusted due to one psychopath. The most terrible serial killers in US history all generally took place from the mid 60s to the early 90s(Gacy, Bundy, BTK, Manson cult, Dahmer, Ridgeway, Ross, etc). There have been very few ones around in the more recent time because of better policing, investigating and understanding these type of people.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

It's not that you can't trust people anymore, it's just the whole public persona that people are terrible. 95% of our news now a days focuses on bad things that people do because it makes "good news". We're brought up and led to believe that people in general aren't good people. The reason why hitch hiking was so prevolent in the 60s and 70s was because folks generally believed that others were trustworthy and overall good people.

Since the start of time there has been serial killers like the guy in Cleveland, the only difference now is that it's reported on 24 hours a day and people hear about it all the time. This makes it sound like because there is one horrible person among us, then people as a whole can't be trusted due to one psychopath. The most terrible serial killers in US history all generally took place from the mid 60s to the early 90s(Gacy, Bundy, BTK, Manson cult, Dahmer, Ridgeway, Ross, etc). There have been very few ones around in the more recent time because of better policing, investigating and understanding these type of people.

i agree to this but i got to add also to this that there is less of this also cuz as for the time right now there are more people in need i beleive, i mean so many people are losing their jobs and alot more then that, ya there are still these crazy mofo's out there but right now there alot of people that are just looking for help, being a riding home from the store or even a dallor as they are sitting there asking for people to help them feed their kids or even them selfs for that matter.

my whole point from this thread was to say hey look everyone isn't that bad i mean do what you will some are not as kind as i am but hey if you see some old guy or some girl or hell some guy with his kids looking for a ride, or some (what you think is some drunkin bum sitting some where asking you for a buck)

ask yourself what if i was this person....... we can make this country alot better will there still be bad? shit lol do i like rum? LMAO

Jon

i was driving on us 131 with my boy a few yrs back, these chicks were broken down on the side of the road, well of course we gave them a ride, figured maybe we would get a piece of ass. we ended up taking them to grand rapids and going to a jail and waiting for one of there babies daddies, took us like 3 hrs and then we had to take them home and it too us forever and we got lost, and they never gave us any money either, said they would, should have known better. one was hot as hell, the other one was ok, but that was a f**ked up situation. I dont do that kind of thing now, not only do i not have a backseat, but my wife would kill me, and gas is expensive lol.

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

i was driving on us 131 with my boy a few yrs back, these chicks were broken down on the side of the road, well of course we gave them a ride, figured maybe we would get a piece of ass. we ended up taking them to grand rapids and going to a jail and waiting for one of there babies daddies, took us like 3 hrs and then we had to take them home and it too us forever and we got lost, and they never gave us any money either, said they would, should have known better. one was hot as hell, the other one was ok, but that was a f**ked up situation. I dont do that kind of thing now, not only do i not have a backseat, but my wife would kill me, and gas is expensive lol.

lol damn man good to see another person from mich :) i grew up in GR

I do it depending on who is with me and what they are carrying............WE have ass loads of them around here going to Texas or Tucson, etc.......A lot of it depends on how honest they seem...........aka a gut feeling

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

• 1 year later...

I did the same thing back when I was a senior in high school just south of Lansing. This guy was almost pass-out-drunk trying to get a ride, and I had nothing to do since I just got out of work, so i said screw it and gave him a ride since he offered to pay. The poor guy couldn't get a reliable taxi out to our town of Eaton Rapids, and he was headed back up towards... I don't remember, something off of Cedar st. Anyways, the guy keeps trying to call his GF on the way but is so drunk he kept calling everyone he knew in his contact list ( this is at 11:30 on a Saturday ). Sounded kinda pissed at the woman cuz she went home without him so I didn't ask too much about it, but other than that he just seemed like a harmless old drunk. The way I saw it was I was driving and in control of the situation. Oh man, got to the place to drop him off and it was one of the worst areas of Lansing. He hopped out and thanked me for the ride and I drove away. Then I remembered that I just drove 20 min out of my way and had a 20 min drive back and the guy never paid me back. I didn't really want to stick around though, so I just headed home where I was quickly tore into by my mom and girl friend like nobody's business. The way I see it is if I was out in the middle of BFE or stuck on the highway I would want someone to be kind enough to do the same, and since you can't rely on other people to show a kind heart I figured I would. Hopefully it will pay off one day in the future, but if not oh well.:shrug:

haha, just realized how old this thread is. Still nice to see that this happens though and that I'm not the crazy one for wanting to give some random person a helping hand. Bump i guess? hahaha

Archived