dome light supervision? How

I know I need a relay but how exactly do I hook it up. Does the door trigger wire go to the relay as well as the domelight supervision wire. I installed this alarm 5 or so months ago just fixing a few things I did not hook up

2001 Tahoe

Alpine IVA-W505

2 OPTIMA's RED/YELLOW

DUAL ALTs 140/220

(2) HIFONICS BXI1280D

(1) HIFONICS ZXI6408

(4) ALPINE SPR-13S 5.25

(4) ALPINE SPR-17S 6.5

(2) KICKER 15L7 at 1 ohm 4.5 CUBIC@38HZ

You shoudln't have to do anything with the door trigger wire.

85- domelight supervision wire(black/white if dei alarm)

86- 12v

87- either ground or 12v depending on your domelight wire.

30- goes to domelight wire in car.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

I know I need a relay but how exactly do I hook it up. Does the door trigger wire go to the relay as well as the domelight supervision wire. I installed this alarm 5 or so months ago just fixing a few things I did not hook up

what are u trying to do make it so your alarm watches the dome light to cover all doors.....? if so u shouldent need a relay if your alarm has a negitive door pin input because u can get the white wire on ur underdash light the only catch to that is u need to make sure that your domelight switch is never overidden, if u want to do each door pin lemme know ill give u the colors and locations and explain what u have to do....

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

Just a consideration for you, using the dome supervision only allows the alarm to know if the dome light turns on when the alarm is armed. Your doors just happen to usually trigger your dome light. There's a little switch however that can disable the dome light from turning on when the doors are open. Leave the lights disabled before you get out and the alarm wont know if the doors are opened or not.

Best way to go about it is to run leads from the door latch triggers.

01 tahoe? I believe the triggers are in the doors. In my opinion it's worth the extra work to run leads.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Just a consideration for you, using the dome supervision only allows the alarm to know if the dome light turns on when the alarm is armed. Your doors just happen to usually trigger your dome light. There's a little switch however that can disable the dome light from turning on when the doors are open. Leave the lights disabled before you get out and the alarm wont know if the doors are opened or not.

Best way to go about it is to run leads from the door latch triggers.

01 tahoe? I believe the triggers are in the doors. In my opinion it's worth the extra work to run leads.

All the door triggers for the tahoe's is at the BCM located below the steering wheel. He said the only wire he has left is the domelight supervision wire... so I'm assuming he has his door triggers wired up. Which is why I posted how to wire up a relay to control your domelights with a domelight supervision wire.

I guess the original poster didn't care much, he never posted back replies to anyone's posts.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

• 4 weeks later...
All the door triggers for the tahoe's is at the BCM located below the steering wheel. He said the only wire he has left is the domelight supervision wire... so I'm assuming he has his door triggers wired up. Which is why I posted how to wire up a relay to control your domelights with a domelight supervision wire.

I guess the original poster didn't care much, he never posted back replies to anyone's posts.

wooord

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

• 9 years later...

May i ask you very knowledgeable gentlemen a couple of questions please? I have a 1993 ford bronco and I am trying to install a python 5305p dome light supervision. My dome light supervision wire is black/yellow (-) 200 mA and my (-) door input is green and my (+) door input is violet my dome light door switch on the bronco is black/blue that goes from negative when door closed to positive when door is open the other side of the switch wire is green/yellow it is positive when door is open or closed. How do i wire in a relay to operate the dome light supervision? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking some of your time to read this. My name is Jimmy,
I have a Python 5305P remote start,  alarm & keyless entry  with a 2 way LCD remote and a regular 1 way remote.  I have the keyless entry and the alarm wired in and working correctly. But I am having a problem getting the remote starter wired in correctly and getting it to work properly.  I have the wiring diagram for the unit and the wiring diagram for my Bronco but im not sure that i am choosing the right wires to connect together in the proper sequence because it doesn't work no matter how i try to wire it.  I live in Siler City NC.  How much would it cost to just have the remote starter part wired up correctly and make sure it works properly there are only 9 wires in the 10 pin harness that need to be wired one pin slot is empty and there is one out of the other nine that is optional? Or could someone please tell me exactly where each of the wires in the 10 pin harness connects to under the steering column.  I have a color chart for my factory wires and the color chart for the 10 pin harness for the remote starter.  I just need to know which wires connect to each other please. I am permanently disabled and any help would be greatly appreciated because I live on a very limited income and this remote start is going to help me in many ways to be able to start my bronco and have the climate control set to make it more comfortable for me and i want have to make extra trips in and out to start it manually. 

Screenshot_20190622-160926_Chrome.jpg

Archived