Wanna upgrade

so I was plannin on runnin some new highs and mids but dont know what to get, i came across some MB Quarts, Diamond Audio and Bostons for some reasonsable price what i have in my truck right now is

MMATS 6.5 components runnin off a 400x4 RF

MMATS 6.5 2way runnin off a 400x4 RF

MMATS 4x6 running of my apline iva d105

they sound awesome but i had them in there for about 4 years now and wanna upgrade.

and this is all coming out of a 01 Reg cab silverado with qlogic kick panels.

so what is everyone thinking and i dont wanna use kicker or alpines

i love the sound of boston sr's, loud and clear, so what more could you want?

pioneer d-series are a bit cheaper, a bit less crisp on the high end, but have a much lower x-over point and a smoother sound

jbl powers are one of the few 2ohm speakers, so that amp will be putting out all it ever will, and the jbls will love every last watt. theyre loud and clear with very very strong midbass, but otherwise dont stand out too much.

if you want to go the sq route, lose the 4x6 and find a rainbow/dls/focal system that has 1 tweeter, a 6.5 mid, and a 6.5 woofer. run the mid and tweeter in the kick. the older focal k3p was like this, the new ones have a like 4in mid...

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i second the focals. ive got the 165 A1's and i love them. the tweeter is very nice and they have good crisp sound. they alo get pretty loud

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

you could always go with some good alpine type x comps. they sound great and a reasonably priced

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

If you dont wanna spend alot of coin , the high end JL comps are pretty nice. I really am quite happy with the sets I have for what I paid for them. I have also heard a 6.5" set of C5 s and the ZRs..... they both sound pretty good.

Given the choice of no budget though, I would look for those RE XXX comps, for flat out gettin loud. somebody posted up a video of a 6.5" XXX showing excursion, and it moves better than some subs. They get great reviews all over the web.

If you are chasing SQ and wanna shell out the cash, find focals or rainbows or Hertz. I have heard focals, and they sound like what they cost, no question. I have held some hertz comps in my hands, they looked very well made, but I haven't heard them. And rainbow , well I can only be a internet know it all when it comes to those, cause I have only read good things abot them, I haven't seen or heard a set for my self.

On a side note, there is a guy in town here who went Boston speaker crazy. He had those comps with the huge ass crossover boxes, boston amps, boston subs, ... basically everything but the head unit and wire was boston. I was very impressed. He just replaced all the factory speakers in a yukon, and had to 12 s in the back. I think they make some really nice equipment.

Edited by trainman0978

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties