Sonic Electronix

I've watched the youtube video of the maxxlink and I get how to hook up 2 amps to one sub. Since it can output up to 5 amps, I thought 3k would be better than 2k. Lvl5 says peak @ 4000....

Of course more power is better but If it were me I would sell all 3 and get one nice 3k+ amp.

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

• 1 month later...

Found this on Xtant's site. Their website was down for short time but, is now back up and here's what I found in the faq:

"How do I use the RCA Outputs of one Xtant Amplifier to Supply Input to another Xtant Amplifier?"

Balanced Line: When using the balanced line on the first Xtant amplifier, all other amps receiving input from the first should have the balanced line Disabled, as they are already receiving balanced signal through the inputs.

Input Sensitivity /Input Gain (X series models only):

Remember, when supplying signal from one Xtant amplifier to another, the output of the first amplifier is already increased or cut depending on the position of the input sensitivity jumper. For example, if the first amplifier's sensitivity jumper is in the +10 position, the second amplifier will automatically be increased by +10 at the input. Therefore, in order to level match or gain match all amplifiers, set the desired input sensitivity in the first Xtant amplifier and then place all subsequent amplifiers jumpers in the "0" position.

1996 Tahoe 2dr

Alpine IVA-D901 - Alpine PXA-H701 - Alpine RUX-C701

200 amp alternator - Yellow Top - Alumapro 15 farad cap

T1000-4

(2)MB Q-forms 6.5

FOR SALE AA 18" Mayhem / T2500-1bd FOR SALE

2000 Camaro SS - UNDER THE KNIFE

Twin Turbo - 6 speed - 9 sec with a/c

http://www.fquick.com/LS1king000

• 11 years later...

If I remember correctly you can strap the xtant x1001

together but you have to call xtant since they don’t print that in the Manual because they were having issues of customer blowing up the amps because they didn’t know what they were doing. The 1001 and both 604 and 603 were awesome amps and sound awesome and had

power for days. Just had to have one of the sip chip kits to keep with the amps. Also for your average joe and for your rookie perso. Who likea to play with the amps. Stay away. They are little b**** when it Come adjusting installing and basically anything that had

to do with removing the cover. I can’t even count how many of those amps I sold and the manger

at the store I worked at sold because customer would blow hem up because they never understood how care full

you how to be when the cover came off. People would strip the wiring near by and

not realize that they just threw a bunch of little tiny metal wires on to the circuit board And once powered up

bye bye. If I remember correctly xtant even charged a Flat rate For the repair because it was so common. 

1 hour ago, LimpCroissant said:

Yo fellas. I'm new around here. Not new to car audio but semi newish to SPL. Whats this Maxx-link? Can somebody please post a link? I'm havin trouble finding it on google.

This is a thread from 2009. 

It was a kind of amp linkage tool so you could essentially take 4 1000 watt amps and make a 4000 watt amp. It's pretty obsolete now though considering you can buy 30k watt amplifiers. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Interesting. I haven't seen that before. Pretty cool piece of equipment. Kind of outdated with Taramps and the like around and so much cheap power available, but defitetely still a cool piece. It'd be cool if you wanted to do an all old school setup like say a bunch of Fosgate Punch 45's or something like that!