Sonic Electronix

The Beats by Dre are atrocious and I regret taking the 5-10 minutes to demo them. I love the Sennheiser 595s and the 650s , never took a listen to the 555s. I enjoy the top end on most grado's in your price range but dont like the low end, its not as fun to watch movies with em in my opinion and feel kind of flimsy. Bose is a joke.... I would take my trusty HD280s over any of the bose headphones I have ever heard. Headphones are important to me, they are what I use as reference to what my car should sound like tonally. In fact the guys over at speakerworks were known to do this while building their undefeated grand national. Go over to a guitar center or sam ash and listen!!! Listening to speakers and headphones is like wine tasting, take a few minutes listening to a well recorded song that you know well then take a few minutes talking to a buddy then take a listen to the next set. (Talking to a buddy is the equivalent to taking a bite of bread in wine tasting in this analogy)

Too Much Stuff to list .

IMO Beats by Dre are fucking TERRIBLE. Flat, boring, lifeless sound. Fucking awful. Throw them in the bargain bin with Skullcandy, I listened to them for about 5 minutes and concluded they were more Monster cowshit with a ribbon around it.

Wireless is generally going to suck balls.

I think it's pretty hard to go past the Sennheiser HD555s or if you can stretch the budget a bit, 595's. Price vs Performance the 595s are very very hard to go past. Just remember they really shine best with a dedicated headphone amp.

EDIT: Ok if they have to be closed back, maybe something from AKG will fit the bill and they're very affordable from Amazon.

If you buy the Monster's I'll just despair. God they were crap. I would rather listen to a pair of ipod stock earbuds.

Are you saying monster products are Garbage...?

I run ALL there 404xln RCA's and Absolutely LOVE THEM!!

Its there TOP model RCA's, And i WILL never look back on the price i paid for all of mine i have about $7-800 in Monster 404 RCA's in my truck :)

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

I'm saying a LOT of monster products are shit, yes.

Someone find me their 'flux-core' 0ga with the piece of plastic tube in the middle...

EDIT:

Monster. Because a piece of plastic filler makes your current flow better.

045-3.jpg

Like I said. Cowshit with a ribbon on it and the world is prepared to pay out the ass for it...

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Are you saying monster products are Garbage...?

I run ALL there 404xln RCA's and Absolutely LOVE THEM!!

Its there TOP model RCA's, And i WILL never look back on the price i paid for all of mine i have about $7-800 in Monster 404 RCA's in my truck :)

A rca cord is a rca cord, nothing to really compair with them except the level of shielding..

There was some artical a while back with something about unbending metal cloths hangers and using them for rca cords or something and them having the same quality of sound vs a high dollar rca cord.

The only thing I ever liked about Monster cables was their warranty that if you fray a wire, or it craps out for some reason you could exchange it over the counter at any monster dealer or something like that. But that was a long long time ago, and im sure thats changed by now.

But if you want to talk about real high quality cables, Kimber Kable all the way... http://www.kimber.com/Products/PowerKords/default.aspx However your looking at cables that cost more money then most the users audio systems on this site...

As for headphones, I never cared for the Sennheiser. I never liked the looks. Ive went the route with DJ headphones.

Currently Im using a set of Sony MDR-V700s that I amp off my home receiver and use them for pc gaming. They have 50mm drivers (not diaphrams like most headphones) so the bass response is very great, Ive been using them for years now and they are getting pretty pounded. http://www.pssl.com/Sony-MDRV700DJ-DJRemix-Headphones I shopped around and got them for $88 or something around there.

Im looking at a pair of Denon Djing headphones, they also use a real driver that is 53mm (largest out of all headphones I believe). Denon audio always made top notch home and pro audio products.. Im really thinking this will be my next set. http://www.pssl.com/Denon-DNHP1000-Professional-Headphones

More headphones here. http://www.pssl.com/Headphones?pg=100

Edit, article i was talking about before compairing overpriced monster cables to wire cloth hangers...

Do Coat Hangers Sound As Good Monster Cables?

http://consumerist.com/2008/03/do-coat-han...ter-cables.html

Edited by Bangin Caddy

ok thats great. lol.

i personally dont run monster wire, i have their RCA's, but only cause i had a friend who worked at circuit city at the time. i also have a pair of the turbine in ear headphones, i was a product tester, i totally lied on my resume, hehe.

im currently looking into:

monster - beats by dr. dre

Denon AHD2000

AKG k 271 mk ii

anyone ever use a headphone amp?

Edited by Gavinvoy

ok thats great. lol.

i personally dont run monster wire, i have their RCA's, but only cause i had a friend who worked at circuit city at the time. i also have a pair of the turbine in ear headphones, i was a product tester, i totally lied on my resume, hehe.

im currently looking into:

monster - beats by dr. dre

Denon AHD2000

AKG k 271 mk ii

anyone ever use a headphone amp?

I dont know if this will help, kicker has some ear buds they seem to work great.

Also Sony and Bose have over ear noise cancellation headphones?

I stick with my Zune's they rock when im riding my bike, and don't come out.

vzva8k.jpg

||||Official Bass Head||||