Charging Multipal batteries

I recently purchased a DieHard 2/40/200 amp Manual Battery Charger from sears Link just to have on hand and to charge batteries when needed.

02871230000-1.jpg

My question is... Since I have a stock battery up front and two AGM batteries in the back.

1. Do I just connect the charger normally to the front battery?

2. Will it charge all three batteries just being connected to the front battery? I am thinking yes but asking because I am not 100% sure

are you wanting to just hook this up to your car overnight to keep a good charge on them?

are you wanting to just hook this up to your car overnight to keep a good charge on them?

Yes.. I would be using the 40amp charge I would think

Edited by Hotdog

40 amps overnight might be a little bit much. You could start out at 40 then drop to 2 might work better.

AGM and lead acid have different charging profiles so if you charge the bank then one type will not get charged optimally.

I think the manual said that 40amp was a 3 hour charge for one battery. So I was thinking if it were charging 3 batteries it would take 3 times as long... so 9 hours?

or would it still charge all 3 batteries at the 3 hour charge time?

Would it be better to hook the charger up to the the AGM battery for charging or does it make a difference on what battery I put the charger on?

i wouldn't mix the two type of batteries. Thats just me.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I recently purchased a DieHard 2/40/200 amp Manual Battery Charger from sears Link just to have on hand and to charge batteries when needed.

02871230000-1.jpg

My question is... Since I have a stock battery up front and two AGM batteries in the back.

1. Do I just connect the charger normally to the front battery?

2. Will it charge all three batteries just being connected to the front battery? I am thinking yes but asking because I am not 100% sure

Chargers like this are not made to charge AGM batteries. If you will be using this to charge AGM batteries you will need to monitor the voltage and time on charge very carefully. Allowing the voltage to reach 14.5-15V+ will begin to overcharge your AGM's and will reduce their lifespan. I would recommend only using the 2A charge, and leaving a dmm connected at all times so you can monitor what the charger is doing.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

OK.. I had the charger on the front Bat for 7 hours at 40amp charge. Then pulled the charger off.

got the dimm out and tested all three batteries

Front battery which was a wet cell battery = `12.8 at rest and 14.59 at idle

Both AGM batteries were 12.8 at rest and 14.5 at idle

Edited by Hotdog

What is the main difference between a charger made for charging wet cell batteries and a charger that is made to charge AGM batteries?

my suggestion would be to just return that charger and get yourself a fully automatic charger that is made for AGM batteries.