The wall with my 2 DC Lvl 5 18"s will be done in my 01 crown vic police interceptor in the next two weeks. After that is complete I am starting the fiber glassing on the interior. Doing the dash, center console and door panels.

My question is tho, how do I incorporate a tv in my dash with so much bass? I am thinking the screen will be pretty susceptible to breaking under the amount of pressure coming from the 18"s especially in a wall. I was looking at doing a 32" LCD from best buy. With my discount I can get one for around $325 there. I am thinking I would mount it in the center of the dash, then fiberglass the dash around it and keep it in the case the tv comes in. It would have the same look/effect as a raw screen (no trim around the screen) just the fiberglass would cover up the border. Whats anyone elses ideas and thoughts of durability of a screen with bass.

(P.S.- this is a show car so thats why I am putting a 32" in the dash)

The wall with my 2 DC Lvl 5 18"s will be done in my 01 crown vic police interceptor in the next two weeks. After that is complete I am starting the fiber glassing on the interior. Doing the dash, center console and door panels.

My question is tho, how do I incorporate a tv in my dash with so much bass? I am thinking the screen will be pretty susceptible to breaking under the amount of pressure coming from the 18"s especially in a wall. I was looking at doing a 32" LCD from best buy. With my discount I can get one for around $325 there. I am thinking I would mount it in the center of the dash, then fiberglass the dash around it and keep it in the case the tv comes in. It would have the same look/effect as a raw screen (no trim around the screen) just the fiberglass would cover up the border. Whats anyone elses ideas and thoughts of durability of a screen with bass.

(P.S.- this is a show car so thats why I am putting a 32" in the dash)

A bigger screen means more surface area, which means it's much more likely to break from the base. IMO, 32" in the dash is too big, regardless of what vehicle you have. Do something like a 22" in the dash plus a 12" in each sun visor. Much better looking IMO.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

A bigger screen means more surface area, which means it's much more likely to break from the base. IMO, 32" in the dash is too big, regardless of what vehicle you have. Do something like a 22" in the dash plus a 12" in each sun visor. Much better looking IMO.

Ya but im looking for something unique...id rather just have 1 big tv than several tvs.

edit: I won't have any sun visors anymore...its a show car

Yea I would think that would be very dangerous for the tv. Never tried anything like that but maybe there would be some way to brace the shit out of it.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

how do you plan on mounting a 32" tv in the dash of a car like thats huge i got one right now in my room and just seems like a waste i myself would mount a 21-22" hell even a 27" but 32 is just to big especially with subs raping it

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

DAMN I Thought you where doing a 20" i was looking at a 32 for the lac last night =( not in the dash though it'll be in the back!!!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

how do you plan on mounting a 32" tv in the dash of a car like thats huge i got one right now in my room and just seems like a waste i myself would mount a 21-22" hell even a 27" but 32 is just to big especially with subs raping it

Ya im not worrying about how im mounting it. Im fiberglassing the whole dash so, just building around it I guess. Its $299 retail at best buy for a dynex 32".

DAMN I Thought you where doing a 20" i was looking at a 32 for the lac last night =( not in the dash though it'll be in the back!!!

Ya really wanting to do the 32 in the dash and definetly doing another 32" in the trunk if not bigger on electric actuators to lift it up and down. Just trying to figure out how bad the bass is gunna effect it.

Ya im not worrying about how im mounting it. Im fiberglassing the whole dash so, just building around it I guess. Its $299 retail at best buy for a dynex 32".

Ya really wanting to do the 32 in the dash and definetly doing another 32" in the trunk if not bigger on electric actuators to lift it up and down. Just trying to figure out how bad the bass is gunna effect it.

yeah i got a 32" dynex in my room and love it

will this show car be driven anywhere other then at shows?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

id say it can be done if done right.... its not a glass tv so your safe there of coure... but you have to worry about the tv flexing and breaking .. so as long as you build a sold very braced frame that your gunna glass the tv in to you should be fine just add support along the back and some deadinging in the casing of the frame... but be sure to leave some way for it to breath.... id say go for it take your time make it happen !

yeah i got a 32" dynex in my room and love it

will this show car be driven anywhere other then at shows?

o but of course it would. Im just saying its not gunna be a daily driver

id say it can be done if done right.... its not a glass tv so your safe there of coure... but you have to worry about the tv flexing and breaking .. so as long as you build a sold very braced frame that your gunna glass the tv in to you should be fine just add support along the back and some deadinging in the casing of the frame... but be sure to leave some way for it to breath.... id say go for it take your time make it happen !

Ya im not worried about bracing and the structure of it cause thats a given. I am just wondering about the screen just being exposed to the bass waves. If I just secure it in there tight enough then that portion should be ok. Im just worred about the screen integrity itself being exposed to such bass levels, ya feel me?

Archived