Potential Scammer: btlcavalier I WANT MY MONEY BACK OR COMPENSATION

This was btlcavalier's original thread that had his BTL for sale:

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=54907&hl=

Now I didn't have a problem looking at his sub and seeing that the cone was torn, I have honestly dealt with bigger problems. BUT the problem is he happened to "leave out some things on accident" when it came to details. I messaged him and he told me that this sub does not need a recone necessarily. So no problem. WELL when I got the sub last night I thought all was good and made a video about it, but even then I noticed a few extra scratches around the sub, but no big deal. BUT when I took the gasket off today to fully observe the sub this is what I saw:

CIMG0297.jpg

CIMG0298.jpg

CIMG0299.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

CIMG0301.jpg

CIMG0302.jpg

CIMG0310.jpg

CIMG0309.jpg

These are just a few more will be up in a little while.

THE FULL TRANSACTION

ME:I just saw your thread, did you sell the btl?

btlcavalier:Nope still got it. Wanna make a offer? It doesnt have to get reconed but theres a tear in the cone. Doesnt effect anything

ME:DAM I didnt even see that gash at first. Basically I would have to recone that sub right away, but I dont know, 275 is a bit high for that. You throw me a good price and I will see what I can do. You know what you want and I would rather you start off the new price. DAM man what did you do? lol

btlcavalier:Im wasnt too mad about it at the time. I was working on putting the sub in and a socket wrench stuck to the magnet and then fell handle first into the cone... It really doesnt effect sound or performance in anyway i even asked nick at fi. If it made any difference i sure as hell would recone it in a heartbeat. Even tho i have a few subs i got to get what its worth is its worth that price for sure.

Me:So basically 250 shipped right? Because I will send that probably tomorrow, and does it have the original box?

btlcavalier:Nope i got it new a few years ago and if i were to keep all the box's it would be a mess lol. Your serious about this? if so whats your address and zipcode so i can get an exact amount

Shipping going to be quite expensive

about 70.00

UPS Ground By End of Day,

Monday

November 30, 2009 68.46 USD*

Days In Transit: 3 Billable Weight:

90.0 lbs.

Let me know man so it would be about 300 + or - I guessed it weighed 90lbs with packaging

ME:No that will weigh around 65 lbs. I have shipped 4 of them and trust me they wont get close to 70 lbs. I shipped the triple stacked ones and they are heavier and only weighed 65lbs with my heavy packaging, lol. Check that again with 65lbs and let me know. Oh yeah if you have an xbox 360 I have Call of Duty MW2 and I am selling it and will throw it in this deal. LMK.

btlcavalier:ok will do and yes i have a xbox 360!!! brb man

btlcavalier: i got it and i could meet you in the middle of your offer and my price and say 245.00 shipped of course. How are you paying cash? You dont have paypal?

ME:I have paypal but is that including Call of Duty MW2?

btlcavalier:nope.

ME:Do you want it?and another adjustment I was reading through chickens build and see that those subs only weigh about 56lbs with the wood and stuff inside. So If you don't want COD MW2, I will do 235 right now and I will need your pp address. If you do want COS MW2 I will do 200 right now and you get MW2.

btlcavalier:ok deal for 235 i will ship it out monday but if it weighs more then say 65lbs per say i will cancel shipment until i get more money. I have plenty of refs many have bought from me and i have bought from many others so this should go smoothly.

ME:I need your pp and if it does weigh more, which it shouldn't I would not mind paying of course with the proof shown, and I need that tracking # asap. What is your pp. Same here I have a lot of refs too. call me though after you send me your pp address.

btlcavalier:paypal is [email protected]

TODAY

I sent him a text message about a pm on here about there being a problem and the first thing he told me was " that girl must have opened the package after I shipped it off" WTF who takes the time to scratch up someone who they dont know sub and break the tinsel leads? Anyway here are the messages on here.

ME:We have a problem actually a few. I finally took the sub out of the box to be powered and ran into a lot of problems. First I did not know the surround was so jacked up. I knew about the gash on the cone, but it looks like someone took a knife and cut the surround. And this surround is cut deep. I also did not know that the tinsel lead was busted on one of the sides of the sub. I didn't notice this at first because I didn't expect it, nor did I think there was a problem with it because nothing was said about it. It looks like someone tried to glue it back on there or something, but it is halfway off. Also other than the cut on the sides of the surround there are many cuts on top of the surround. And last but not least. The sub goes in and out of sound. It will work decently for a minute and then nothing. I won't make this a big deal, but as long as you have some compensation in mind. I passed up a similar sub without any of these problems for about 50 dollars more and now I am looking at that with a lil regret. I am not looking for a full refund yet, but we both know that if this was to be public a lot of people would say refund, but I don't want drama. Let me know what you can do, and I read and reread your thread and our messages and all of this info was left out. So please contact me back. Thanks man. You told me that I didn't have to have a recone other wise you would have, but this thing is jacked.

I will add pics later to prove my poing in a PM so we can keep this professional and private. Please work with me.

btlcavalier:call me!!!!

AFTER I SENT HIM PICS:

btlcavalier:That tensil is solderable i would just go ask if someone could resolder it for ya. I have no explaination for the glue but doesnt matter just take it off. That would be be what i would do. Just ask electronics places, i know alternator shops solder parts so i would try there first. I just got two fi Q's and the surround is thin as hell so i wouldnt be worried about it. LMK man!!!

ME:Well the wife had to throw 60 bucks in the deal and I told her that I would try to work with you, but she wants her money back. I cant go against my wife in this, but I will call it even if she can at least get her money back so I don't have to hear it. I will just have to figure this thing out because I honestly did not know any of this extra stuff and it made me look like an ass in her eyes. So if you could just pp me her money we can call it even from here out AS IS. Either that or if you want your sub back we can both pay half for the shipping and I just get a full refund. I don't have to get a full refund to call it even but it is up to you.

btlcavalier:Well i dont have any monies at the moment i just spent a shit ton on a alternator, subs, wire, and whatnot over 1800.00 I did insure it for 100 dollars so lets see if that could get used. could you do an insurance claim on it?

ME:Don't know and now this is getting confusing. Insurance is going to laugh because nothing is broken just scratches and things that look like they have been there for a while. What can you do? I don't want to do a full refund, but I can't leave my wife hanging on an answer. We live together so that is not an option.

btlcavalier:I would love to just paypal you 60 bucks but i honestly dont have it. when i do have it i will proudly send it to you. i hope you understand. if not make it public because i have nothing to hide. ill just show these messeges.

ME:I don't mind waiting I just need a time to tell my wife when to expect her money. I don't want to make this public, but it would not look good for you. We both know that, and out of respect that is why I came to you as a man. I just need to know how soon you will be able to get the 60 bucks.

btlcavalier:As a man and to be completely honest about the money i have currently 40 bucks and thats to make through next week. I cant even make my truck payment. So for me to tell you an exact time i cant but im guessing at the earliest the 15th because i get paid twice a month. you get the money when i can get it. sorry about the transaction.

ME:No problem i will mark the 15th on the calendar

NOTICE THE TWIST OF THINGS

btlcavalier:Actually i talked to tristan which was the previous owner of the sub and explained the epoxy. Its not to hold the tinsels its just to strengthen the terminals is all. Im not going to pay you anything feel free to make a tread. You broke the tinsel from where it was soldered own up to it.

Unquote: My question is why would someone strengthen one side and not the other? Sounds strange huh?

ME:Dude ok I want a full refund and YOU will pay for it. I tried to be reasonable and now you do this I want my full refund now. I never even accused you of anything and you do this. ok I see over 60 bucks that seemed reasonable to me. ok it will be done.

btlcavalier:No i wont the damage was from you. Its a used item you cant expect it to be in great condition. Sucks to be a noob to car audio doesnt it.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE SOMEONE TRYING TO HELP OR SOMEONE THAT IS A SCAMMER?

Edited by tripleb45

What reason do I have to lie? I am looking to do a build so I need subs right? But btlcavalier is making it seem like I did ALL of this in one day. He admitted that tristan "strengthened one side of the sub for some strange reason" Then he agreed to pay compensation? Sounds fishy and OH YEAH READ HIS LAST COMMENT

btlcavalier:Well i dont have any monies at the moment i just spent a shit ton on a alternator, subs, wire, and whatnot over 1800.00 I did insure it for 100 dollars so lets see if that could get used. could you do an insurance claim on it?

"btlcavalier:As a man and to be completely honest about the money i have currently 40 bucks and thats to make through next week. I cant even make my truck payment. So for me to tell you an exact time i cant but im guessing at the earliest the 15th because i get paid twice a month. you get the money when i can get it. sorry about the transaction."

What the hell???? If you don't have enough money to pay for a car then why put a system in it?

I think I'm on tripleb45's side. I just see the turn of attitude through his posts.

Edit:SP

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

looks like the terminals are grounded out, glue was added to the wrong spot

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Damn tripB...looks like a case of.........

surprise-buttsex-giraffe.jpg

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png