Alpine Good or Bad  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Alpine a good car audio brand?

• Yes
    • No

head units...AWESOME

Subs... OKAY

amps...PRETTY GOOD

mids and highs....well, that depends on what ya spend. I went through two sets of alpine 6x9s ( type R ) before I installed a set of kenwood 6x9s...then I got wise and bought some JL XR comps...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

my first setup was all alpine .... everything excep wiring. and everybody that got in my car was amazed. and i shut a few guys down. (2 12" type rs on the mrp 1000 and some type s coaxials on a mrp 650 i think it was. it got the job done. right now im still running the type s coaxials but now on a dc 120.4 my front left speaker blew ... but thats ok. once i wrap these door pods ill have 1 set of components of RFt165s in each door. All in all. I like alpine. but there can be better stuff had for a little more money.

Love the headunits too. Ive had 2 so far ... my gf likes em so much that i just ordered her the same one as i have.

Edited by Rainman215

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

x2. What are your ragging friends run?

One of them has three off-brand 10's and a Kenwood Excelon HU in a little sonoma

Another has two 12 infinity's not sure the model, or brand of amp

Neither of them are special and i love my system to death but i want more spl. My car is not damplified at all and still has the best SQ around. Idk i am actually probably goignt o get 2 15's maybe some DC Lvl5 or lvl4xl or Fi BTL or AA Z series idk yet but I love alpine myself

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

x2. What are your ragging friends run?

One of them has three off-brand 10's and a Kenwood Excelon HU in a little sonoma

Another has two 12 infinity's not sure the model, or brand of amp

Neither of them are amazing and i love my system to death but i want more spl. My car is not damplified at all and still has the best SQ around where i live.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

head units...AWESOME

x2

i love mine ! :give_rose:

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

i love their headunits ................ had my HU for 7 years as of this month. Their components are nice to.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

if you like it then forget what they say. if you want more spl try the little things

whats up with your current box

what wiring do you have

get that damplifier pro

My box at this second is just a bought at store sealed bow but by next friday im going to have my bandpass box made its tuned at 36 im doing it for a school project. It is going to be pretty nice and im going to post a build log once im done with it.

Wiring is just a scochse 8 ga kit from the front battery to the back my second battery isnt installed yet but after i get my bandpass in im going to do big 3 0 gauge and run 0 gauge to the back.

Might have to wait on the damplifier pro *pulls pockets out to show lack of moolah*