DC Sound Lab

yes chode but with aero dynamics and turbulance that the concaved cone creates its more efficiant to use a flat cone.. it creates alot less cancelation.... alot like if u put subs facing eachother

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are these cones going to be available as a standard or are they special order?

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

i always thought flat cones were a disadvantage...

less cone area overall...think about it this way..take a piece of string across that, measure how long it is...then take a piece of string across a sub that goes down flat then back up...theres more surface area...i would think output would be greater..you know

i dunno just always thought about it that way

Here is another thing to think about in terms of cone area. Lets look at a piston in a engine. Does the shape of a piston change the bore size?

But like said already the whole cancellation aspect is huge, not to mention the strength advantage, lighter moving mass, less turbulence on and round the sub, and the ability to do some extra tricks with the soft parts not possible with a paper cone. Oh did i mention it looks 10x better then a paper cone?

I will do a bit better testing with this prototype when i get home and can put some real power to it. Maybe even try it out in a 180+ extreme vehicle to see whats louder, how does that sound? Han? :dj:

well clay if mike and mark will let you use the trooper i say do it what better way to test a sub then with 40000+ rms

and congrats buddy

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

well clay if mike and mark will let you use the trooper i say do it what better way to test a sub then with 40000+ rms

and congrats buddy

Ohhh i dont think we will be testing with 40k on a single sub, no sir. I want to get results over many power levels lets say 500, 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 watts. Just to watch efficiency and how it compares to the conventional cone at higher levels too.

Cant believe it hasnt been asked but will it be available for the 10's? :friends:

Anything for you Robby. :hi: