Second Skin Audio

Need quick confirmation on box.

at a quick look at it, it looks like it would do fine, but ^ hes right about the sub displacment. the only thing that would concern me would be the end of the port inside the box. with it ending that way and not having an "L", you may get some port noise from turbulance.

Having it too close would or not having an L would? Im not buying the not having an L thing, but being too close i would believe.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

So I want to make my port 19" long like the calculator in my last post says.

If I do it like this... The red part will be 16~1/16" and the green part will be 2~15/16". Add the two up and that equals 19". Is this the correct way to get 19"?

PortMeasurementLarge.jpg

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Please explain why you dont need to? Id like to know. Seeing as IT DEPLACES SPACE.

the 45 in the vent. not the box

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

This box will be loud but not deep.

not true. maybe not quite as deep as a box with less port area, but my box has about 16 sq inches of port like this one and almost the same tuning...and mine gets plenty deep

I do it like this... The red part will be 16~1/16" and the green part will be 2~15/16". Add the two up and that equals 19". Is this the correct way to get 19"?

measure down the middle of the port to get port length. if you do it the way you say, measuring on the outer walls would be much longer. so measuring down the middle of the port will get you correct numbers

a 45 in the vent would be nice. bracing i say is always a good idea. but 45's in the box arent as necessary

Edited by ExpoSport

So if i measure down the center it leaves me with just under a half inch at a 90. I I'm guessing the thickness of the port wall (3/4") will put me close enough to what I need?

PortMeasurement2Large.jpg

EDIT: That would be removing the green part and just leaving it at that.

Edited by toylocost

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

not true. maybe not quite as deep as a box with less port area, but my box has about 16 sq inches of port like this one and almost the same tuning...and mine gets plenty deep

measure down the middle of the port to get port length. if you do it the way you say, measuring on the outer walls would be much longer. so measuring down the middle of the port will get you correct numbers

a 45 in the vent would be nice. bracing i say is always a good idea. but 45's in the box arent as necessary

Your box looks much better with the corner added.

If you tune your box to 36 hertz, then the port will unload on notes deeper than that. "Unloading" means your port acts more like a giant hole in the enclosure instead of an output-augmenting device. Below tuning, response rolls off at up to 18 db/octave and the woofer sees no mechanical resistance from the port. It just plays in free-air. On music, there is no-telling what kind of note the sub will get thrown at it. It is better to design an enclosure that plays ALL the notes and not just the higher ones.

Don't listen to this guy^^. Tune deeper, even if you have to increase overall size a little bit.

Edited by Ben Building

i usually stick around the 14ish area for sq inch of port per cube. Most of my boxes are tuned to about 31 hz. plays the lows amazing but yet still sounds pretty good on the rock or country. but if your more of a rock person i would tune just a jib jab higher. but there will be nothing like a t line on rock oooo just amazingness. if you got the room and the right sub that is what i would do.

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

I think the highest ive tuned a box was 34 Hz for my own personal use. And that was one of the first ones i did. But tuning is kinda dependant on what woofer you wanna run. Some like lower tuning. Others, like AQ and DD will drop way below tuning and like tuning up higher around 38Hz. Fav box in my blazer was 4.8 cubes, 60 in^2 of port area, tuned around 32 Hz

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.