Sonic Electronix

Sundown 2000d vs. audiopipe 3000d

its a power hungry amp, i have one and i love it on my XLs

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

That is way different than all the threads about the ap30001d.

So where are these tests about the ap30001d never doing rated power?

Also, don't get it wrong that I won't recommend the sundown. We all know about sundown's great reputation of customer service and products.

Well start off with it is just two 1500's in one large case so it will do 1 ohm stereo not mono and in real world testing the numbers are coming back around 1600 to 2k watts RMS total at 1 ohm stereo. Where is that doing the rated 3k watts?????

I don't have a brand preference between the two and am not loyal to either of them, so I will repeat my previous statement: DONT EXPECT THE AP TO DO RATED RMS POWER.

It is a good amp for the money even 1500 watts RMS at that price is a deal but it is not going to ever do 3k watts.

If it is a stop gap until you can afford the Sundown amps then it is a great choice. You wont have much money in it and can sell it pretty quick to get some cash out of it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

you realize, its 2 amps in 1 case right? its 1 ohm mono per channel, its not 1 ohm stable bridged.... so your info is wrong on the amp... its 2 ohm stable bridged for 3k, here ill show you the specs...

IMG00214-20090223-1605.jpg

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

and before you reply, please go back and read my first post, about it doing almost 1900 watts at 4 ohms.. then look at the specs on the pic i just put, then go back and read it again and look at the pic again, just so you can get a clear view of what the amp is capable of at 11.9v

Team DC Audio

ever tried the search feature? There are countless threads over on CA, here on SMD, and other forums about the ap30001d.

And sully- where do you get your info from?

Word! Search that shit.

SOAPBOX ALERT!

And the other...Here we go again, I'm so sick of these threads where people jump in on brand "X" just to say they won’t do rated power or not a quality product. 99% of the time people on here just regurgitate just the same bullshit they read on the last thread or honestly think just because something is inexpensive it MUST be cheap quality. (Sometimes this is true) However, much of the time company X undercut their competition pricing to attempt to gain a larger market share while sacrificing profits. It is called a marketing strategy. (Samsung started this way until they found their niche)

I personally have done a shitload of homework on the AP amps, spoke at length with one of their techs and NOTHING I repeat NOTHING leads to findings they do less than rated power on 14.4. Now there are other reasons I choose not to buy audiopipe but among them was not a power issue. That is flat out nonsense.

Sundown is a powerhouse regardless of what size you choose. Great product, great staff. If you want to put your money in other pieces of the build (Subs, Paint, Rims etc) AP is a good buy for the money. (don’t run under 1 ohm even for a burp) As long as you got some bump it don’t matter we all have the same hobby and it’s a damn good one. Good luck on your build.

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

Word! Search that shit.

SOAPBOX ALERT!

And the other...Here we go again, I'm so sick of these threads where people jump in on brand "X" just to say they won’t do rated power or not a quality product. 99% of the time people on here just regurgitate just the same bullshit they read on the last thread or honestly think just because something is inexpensive it MUST be cheap quality. (Sometimes this is true) However, much of the time company X undercut their competition pricing to attempt to gain a larger market share while sacrificing profits. It is called a marketing strategy. (Samsung started this way until they found their niche)

I personally have done a shitload of homework on the AP amps, spoke at length with one of their techs and NOTHING I repeat NOTHING leads to findings they do less than rated power on 14.4. Now there are other reasons I choose not to buy audiopipe but among them was not a power issue. That is flat out nonsense.

Sundown is a powerhouse regardless of what size you choose. Great product, great staff. If you want to put your money in other pieces of the build (Subs, Paint, Rims etc) AP is a good buy for the money. (don’t run under 1 ohm even for a burp) As long as you got some bump it don’t matter we all have the same hobby and it’s a damn good one. Good luck on your build.

thanks for the info, no im just going to prob get the AP 1500d amp they offer for only $160 and have it hooked up to the custom 8'' im having built if some of you have already seen it on smd. and have that set up bumping till this summer when ill get my sundown. I like to try diff things sometimes and figured why not give AP a chance at powering the 8'' this time. who knows, i might even keep it for just testing other small builds and so on.

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

thanks for the info, no im just going to prob get the AP 1500d amp they offer for only $160 and have it hooked up to the custom 8'' im having built if some of you have already seen it on smd. and have that set up bumping till this summer when ill get my sundown. I like to try diff things sometimes and figured why not give AP a chance at powering the 8'' this time. who knows, i might even keep it for just testing other small builds and so on.

They are a sexy ass amp though. Hey if you like it rock that bad boy. When you get your 1500d have it clamped and throw the info out here for people to see, you will be happy with the results and shit 160 bucks is nice! I'm a big fan of actual data and could care less on opinions unless someone actually HAS the amp. 1500 on an 8" should make for some people shittin bricks..So you are locked into posting a you tube video now of that 8" gettin nasty. Good luck.

Live the dream baby...You will be shitting your pants again before you know it.

I myself have personally seen clamp pics of the AP3000 doing 2880 at 2 ohms with lacking electrical, so thats pretty damn close to rated on a less than required electrical. is it a sundown? No of course not. but considering it will do more wattage than a sundown 2k, near the same efficiency, and is cheap as fuck, i dont think you can complain about it really. now versus a sundown 3k, sundown for sure. but in this situation id pick the AP hands down.

lance2.png

All AP amps do rated power an some change @ 14.4. The newer series amps are even beefier and put out rated plus a few hundreds. When I meet John the guy that owned the AP van it was all clear at that point what kind of product he was using. Distortion levels are a bit higher than sundown amplifiers and MOST on the market though.

Bridged @ 2ohms it's quite efficient though an it makes it's power. I've never ran it single channel at 1 ohm myself so I can't really comment on it. The amplifier isn't manufactured the same way as most of the costly others of course... If you are on a budget with a solid electrical system... I'd go for it. I had 1 of my 2 powering the HDC312's with 3 G31's and a 300amp alternator. Current draw @ 15.3 @ 2 ohms was around 200 amps and a some change. I had a slight dip to rear bank that cause about a .3 -.4 drop. The amplifiers will hang with the best of them though. Just be careful with the amount of preamp voltage you feed them though.. Because they are sensitive to lower voltages and high preamp voltage.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Archived