How to bypass any video deck

raytard

Phase Liner bypass:

go to am/fm mode

hit "setup" on the remote

enter 543210 on the remote, listen for a beep after each entery.

a new menu will appear. hit the hammer/screwdriver trash in the top left

turn brake bypass "on", hit the X on the bottom of the screen to exit.

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

• 1 month later...

Quoted from raytard himself. "look at your rca harness, so the wires face you, and the clip is ontop. wire on the right top position is the mute wire. jimmy its pin out of the connector (may need a jewlers screwdriver or pin or something) and move it left to the open pin. ground that, and the parking brake line (even to the radio harness) ta-da, youre bypassed.

So I just bouoght this deck and I don't want to ruin itl But following raytards gets me this

Yellow moved one pin left

492ccaf7.jpg

Yellow, green, chassis ground soldered together

9f950d61.jpg

Now I am hoping that all is well, going to try to install it tomorrow.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

My friend just got a boss flip up headunit, and its not turning on. Is this because we don't have the pink PB wire connected to anything? There isn't a pink wire to connect it to, so what should i do?

take the pink wire and connect it into the black ground wire and everything "should" work

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Will know tonight, when I get out of work I'll do the install. Crossing fingers though. I'll post the rest of the pictures if it worked.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

F&*%$#* wrong wiring harness. DAMN IT!!! I spent all night perfectly twisting and soldering, time to do it again tonight....

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

yeaaa...wait a minute

i thought the harness looked wrong, but the plugs in the back look wrong too, what model deck is that? the instructions i posted were ONLY for the AVIC-Z110BT. its one of those unique radios that has its own bypass (like the previous x/f/z/d/n series)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Soooo.... :clapping:

45f2fca2.jpg

My fingertips hurt from twisting wires. I haven't actually driven anywhere but I took the parking brake off and clicked down to reverse and the dvd didn't stop playing. I can only assume that means it worked.

Lets see about some pictures.

My tool list:

Wire snips, soldering gun, tape, heat shrink, razor blade

First locate this yellow wire. All the way on right in the furthest pin location.

90e3d126.jpg

375b7809.jpg

Remove the pin by gently lifting the tab and pulling the wire. (wire is already removed, i am holding it while with my fingers)

3966b25e.jpg

Insert yellow wire one pin to the left.

492ccaf7.jpg

Now take the yellow wire, the green parking brake wire, and the chassis ground wire and connect them all together.

9f950d61.jpg

Clean up the wires. I perfer heat shrinking then tape

1a53e8ea.jpg

6d82f574.jpg

This ONLY works for the Pioneer Avic-Z1 and i guess the Z110bt (not positive about the Z110bt).

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Archived