Sonic Electronix

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16536_...+TS8510-22.html

Go under features & specs and look at the XMAX. It says it's 56mm. If that's peak to peak, then I can understand. But if it's one way, then holy shit! And only for a 10"? Damn!

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

That's what I was thinking. If it was one way, that thing would hit some killer low notes. Needs a bigger motor though if that were the case.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/manua...s/TS8510-22.pdf

Says 20.32mm, which I'm assuming is one way. I can't imagine anyone paying that much for that woofer though.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Being one of the big Kicker fan boys on the forum I wish I could talk shit and bash that subwoofer line but I have never tried one or heard one.

I think the cone is an incredibly bad design and unless it has alot of reinforcement under the cone I could see the sides buckleing under extreme SPL situations.

It has one very large basket/motor design and to a point its neat to look at but I don't like the 4 little holes around it for the cone to push air but I'm sure its adiquite(typo). LOL it almost reminds me of a sealed back midrange that doesn't need an enclosure to perform. LOL seal up the 4 holes and stick 1000 watts on it. HA HA HA

Overall the price is too steep and I have failed to hear much about these MTX products on the forums. All of our manufacture representives work on multiple forums and even Tracy aka Polecat the Kicker rep still finds time now and again to hop on to the forums and thats not something I'm seeing from MTX.

As a Kicker fan boy NO I don't like it but I would like to have 2 of their 10s to try out since I have alittle less than 10 years experience running different L7 10s always in pairs. MTX step up to the plate and send me 2 10 inch D2 versions and I'll give you an unbiased opinion.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

1.75" VC sounds monsterous! :01nocomment8so:

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

unbiased, these more than keep up with the l7's. i was very surprised with how these and the 55 series performed.

that said, similar to my l5/l7 experiences, they start to stink with anything much over rms, and eventually blow. smallish coil with a big magnet.

i mean, a friggin morel 3in mid has a much bigger voicecoil on it, lol.

they do have a lot of excursion and work really well in those mtx prefab boxes, but i'd get one of the woofers all of us forum members love (dd/fi/dc/aq/rd/psi/etc) over anything from the big brands anyway. (save for 8102spl's...not much out there compares)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

lol, i think mtx should have left the sqares to kicker n stuck with round subs

i kno square is more cone area but still, kicker patented it and have it pritty much down pat

but still those subs do look really cool

ied like to try out a set if i had the money, but ied soon stick to there round subs

my mtx 8000's have alot of excursion but its more of a one way than both ways, i unno why it does that but the sub moves up i think more than it does down

but that old mtx 8000 12 i had moved down n would not move up at all, the coil wasnt rubbing just when u hooked it up the sub only went down instead of up n down

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif