Sonic Electronix

Trying to get a job at a local audio shop

no mean to sound dumb (cus its probably common knowledge on here) What would a runner be? <might help knowing that I just literally got up>

Runner, gopher, do-boy, shop-bitch. Basically whatever they want you to do. Go get me this, bring me that tool, go pick up these supplies.......

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Runner, gopher, do-boy, shop-bitch. Basically whatever they want you to do. Go get me this, bring me that tool, go pick up these supplies.......

ah, now I gotcha, I really need to wake up before posting, lol

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

dude i saw you have a i need this job and im willing to work for it attitude and that is exactly what you need to show the shop owner or the head installer make sure that they know that you are willing to do the "bitch work" untill you have shown them you know how to do it their way. the main things that i would put on a resume is how many installs you have done and pics of said installs and how you run wires and no skimping and make sure your vehicle install is clean because when i was hired the lead installer came out to my vehicle and looked at my install. also if they say that you do it wrong just bite your tonge till you have been there long enough to have there respect also if you don't know how to do remote starts/security systems you might want to learn now! and never suggest crimp connections unless they tell you thats how they do it always tell them you solder all connections that was a big deal to our shop owner one last comment don't be cocky and act like you are as good as their installers a friend of mine applied at the same time as me but didn't get a job till later because he was cocky.

97 Honda Civic Sedan

Rear disc brake conversion

2" drop

17's

lots of exterior mods

SYSTEM

SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player

RE 6x9's and 6.5's

Soundstream DTR4.500

Soundstream DTR1.2200

8" RE-x in a t-line

Kinetik 1800

Plans

4-SA-8's

Another Kinetik

High output alt

My Cardomain

remote starts are a must these days. shit my boy c45 will do 3-5 in a day BY HIMSELF.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

remote starts are a must these days. shit my boy c45 will do 3-5 in a day BY HIMSELF.

Today is the day after Christmas.

Used to be the busiest day of the year when I was an installer.

If I didnt do 10 rem starts in this one day, I felt I didnt do anything.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

i wanna see some pics of your latest work! :hairtrick:

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

i have days where i never get off the ground...... one after another after another.......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

If the boss asks you during the interview what your plans were in the industry, and it involved becoming a business owner be sure to tell him you want to open a shop in ANOTHER town. A prospective boss will not take you in under his wing if you plan on opening a shop right down the street from him and taking your own customers with you.

now I have one more question (That I can think of tonight, which means there could be more without me breaking my word, new years resolution, I will never break my word)

How do I present my self when I go in there?

do I say "Hey, I want to talk to the manager about something"

"Hey, I want to put this job app in"

like, what do I say? I've seriously never tried to get a job at a shop like this before... or for that matter, ever HAD a job. (which is kind of a problem. if yall really want to know why I need this job so bad, my Uncle John has cancer again, the pills he's on right now cost 32 thousand dollars a month, If he stops getting the pills he'll die, I dont want to live life knowing I couldnt help him, I mean how do I live with that knowing I left an opertunity to do something im good at to help him stay alive, understand where im coming from guys?)

1997 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Broke stock Head Unit

Stock speakers suck

-if I get a job, it gets 2 SA 8s in a 2.5cube box (roughly 2 cube with the port and woofers in)-

-oh, and a new HU and some speakers that dont suck. and possibly a new muffler and tint job (previous owners tint is smudging in the back, if you know how to get tint off a window without damaging the heating stuff, let me know!!!)-

Put out on the table you want to learn. Don't come in trying to sound like you know everything. Tell them you want to learn and will sweep the floors if you have to. Tell them you really enjoy working on cars and learning about how car electronics and stereos work.

I see in your sig you don't have a system... I know mine got me my first job in car audio years back :) So that might be something you want to work on...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Archived