Second Skin Audio

ex. cab f-150 cut through

round over the cut or the flexing will tear it, get a boot!!!! i have one if you wanna buy it, do it right the first time or you will be fucked down the road

What do u mean round over the cut? Sorry, im not tool shy at all. Just want to make sure I do it right. Yeah, Ive done the research and all say use a boot. How much boot do you have? How much do you want for it?

what he means is do not make your corners "a corner" use a 3 in hole saw at all 4 corners of your cut-out. otherwise the boot will not mount right. it is impregnated with steel so it needs round corners. make sure the boot is accordian style not a compression style

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build"

(1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10

(2) PowermasterD2700 batteries

ALL FOR SALE

TEAM DC AUDIO

TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR

yup, thanks for clarifying it jack, didnt know how to explain it correctly

OHHHH Ok...Yeah I got that covered too. I did some fancy measuring and come up w/ a peice of cardboard w/ rounded edges from my kids cereal bowl for a template Thanks guys. Hey, I have some other questions that ive posted on other boards and so far since last night this is the only one responding. Sooo do you guys care to answer them? Has nothing to do w/ box's just amp/sub and mid/high questions. If so here it goes........

I am looking to get some 5x7/6x8 type r's to match my subs. Type r's dont come in 6x8 size instead the 5x7's i guess have a bracket to fit the 6x8. Should I just skip this and go for a 6x8 in a different brand? Just get it for the sake of being bigger and I guess louder? Makes since to me. Are the type r 5x7's equivelent? You get what im saying. I plan on powering 4 of them w/ an oldie but goodie Rockford fosgate Punch 250a2 in 2 ohm stereo mode. I have another question about these 4 subs and their power but I have to research some capabilities of the amp for them so I can present them here so it all makes since. Thanks again...

Edited by bluegerm

OHHHH Ok...Yeah I got that covered too. I did some fancy measuring and come up w/ a peice of card board w/ rounded edges from my kids cereal bowl. Thanks guys. Hey, I have some other questions that ive posted on other boards and so far since last night this is the only one responding. Sooo do you guys care to answer them? Has nothing to do w/ subs just amp and mid/high questions.

if you have more questions regarding your project or anything else just post it up it will get answered

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

if you have more questions regarding your project or anything else just post it up it will get answered

Thanks....The 500a2 is 250w x 2 @ 2 ohms---2 of the 4-10's wired @ 2 ohms in a vented box for low bass. The other 2 in a smaller sealed box w/ a higher frequency setting w/ a less powerful 150 x2 mtx amp. I listen to alot of metal and my wife likes alot of hip hop. So trying to get the best of both worlds.

DOOR SPEAKERS:

-2-way vs 3-way...which is better?

-go for 6x8's instead of 5x7's so i can get the max size if speaker?

-will amplifier intended for these be sufficient? 250a2?

SUBS:

-will 500a2 and mtxpro150 be sufficient for 4 10" type r's?

-is my assumption that a smaller box with a higher frequncy setting need less power right?

-I intend to put my stock rear seat and back support seat in when im done. Will this affect

the vent since it will be covered w/ the ex.cab seats in stock form?

I think thats all the questions I have... sorry its sooo long. Will someone please answer these? PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks....The 500a2 is 250w x 2 @ 2 ohms---2 of the 4-10's wired @ 2 ohms in a vented box for low bass. The other 2 in a smaller sealed box w/ a higher frequency setting w/ a less powerful 150 x2 mtx amp. I listen to alot of metal and my wife likes alot of hip hop. So trying to get the best of both worlds.

DOOR SPEAKERS:

-2-way vs 3-way...which is better?

-go for 6x8's instead of 5x7's so i can get the max size if speaker?

-will amplifier intended for these be sufficient? 250a2?

SUBS:

-will 500a2 and mtxpro150 be sufficient for 4 10" type r's?

-is my assumption that a smaller box with a higher frequncy setting need less power right?

-I intend to put my stock rear seat and back support seat in when im done. Will this affect

the vent since it will be covered w/ the ex.cab seats in stock form?

I think thats all the questions I have... sorry its sooo long. Will someone please answer these? PLEASE!!!!!

if i where you i would get component sets. right now i have 6/9 in front doors 3 ways and they sound pretty damn good but im saving the money to get a set of componets. i have 5.25 in read doors. and they are powered by a soundstream 500.4 and they sound pretty damn good but i still get a lil frustrated because the midbass is not there like i want it so thats why i say go components.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74