tinting rear window with defroster

Jared420

Can this be done? I want to go darker on my side rear and rear windows for when I do my bigger build this spring and the side windows of my ext cab will be the easiest thing to do, they just pop out dont roll down or anything, but Can the rear window be tinted with film if it has the defroster? I heard I would have to put the film on the outside of the window but Im wondering if thats true and how it holds up on the outside of the window?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

no u dont put tint on the outside but i think u do have to do something to alow the defroster to work without burning the tint

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

no u dont put tint on the outside but i think u do have to do something to alow the defroster to work without burning the tint

Yeah I didnt think that sounded right.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

the film goes on the inside, and yes it is possible to tint with defrost :)

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

the film goes on the inside, and yes it is possible to tint with defrost :)

do you just tint right over it and it works? or is there something else you have to do to make it not bubble and look terrible? or mess up from the defroster working, I use my defroster all the time in the winter, these new england winters suck

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

are you planning on tinting it your self?

i took mine to the shop last year to get tinted.

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

are you planning on tinting it your self?

i took mine to the shop last year to get tinted.

I was just gonna do it myself because I figured it would be easy, Im definatley at least going to make the sides darker so the rest might look a little darker but if it wasnt a huge deal I was going to just do it myself. All the places around me charge a ton of money, and I have factory 20% in the rears and I got my legal limit done in the front, didnt touch my windows for 5 days like instructed and on the 5th day I put my window down and it just ripped off so the dude re-did it then it happened again on one side and he re-did it again and theres a ton of bubbles, needless to say I would never go there again.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

i tinted the read window of my accord, tinted over the "defrost lines" and it was pefectly fine. Atleast mine was, and those strips dont get hot enough to burn through the tint...the reason you get all the bubbles usually is because they dont do it right in the beginning and some liquid or soap is still left under the tint so that over time it creates the small bubbles.

If anything go ahead and do it, if you have to remove it soap and water will take off the glue that is left after you remove the tint (if any) Goog luck

i tinted the read window of my accord, tinted over the "defrost lines" and it was pefectly fine. Atleast mine was, and those strips dont get hot enough to burn through the tint...the reason you get all the bubbles usually is because they dont do it right in the beginning and some liquid or soap is still left under the tint so that over time it creates the small bubbles.

If anything go ahead and do it, if you have to remove it soap and water will take off the glue that is left after you remove the tint (if any) Goog luck

Cool man thanks, I probably will try it the rolls are only like 7 or 8 bucks so I may as well try and if it gets f'ed up ill just tear it off

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3