well...f'in a...

guess its time to make some calls....fuckin mondays man...

thanks for all ur help dude!

I just hope I didn't give any damaging information.

Also since you have a honda, you should be a member of honda-tech.com A great place for trouble shooting issues for hondas.

I also apologies if that is not allowed, linking you to another forum. But I know that place has helped me so much with my crx, and I hope it helps you too.

Did you get this figured out then?

I'm playing COD right now, but I'll post up help if you need between rounds...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

If the car starts with remote start and doesn't with the key, from my knowledge of alarms I don't see how the ignition coil can be the problem.

Seems there's a relay in the alarm system that de-energizes when you turn remote start off killing power to the ignition coil causing the vehicle to die out.

The alarm TAPS into the wires they do not go inline to the ignition coil..

He also stated he removed the entire alarm and still no key start..

also the relay does not ENERGIZE the ignition coil if so how does the ignition coil operate without the remote start in the beginning? I don't think the car was shipped with the remote start relay pack from viper just so the ignition coil can be energized..

The ignition coil has it's own 12v supply...

the alarm has it's own 12v supply

the alarm ACTS like an ignition coil..

it sends 12v pulse on the starter wire coming from the ignition coil and 12volts constant on the ignition wire coming from the ignition coil..

the key when turned provides 12v on the ignition wire and 12V on the starter when turned to start. one turn on the key the ignition coil routes 12v to the accessory wires, turned a second time routes power to the ignition wire one more turn the crank turn provides 12v on the starter wire.. He stated he check all his cars fuses and they were good so the ignition coils main power supply is providing 12v, if the coil is not working when the key is turned it is not routing voltage to the proper wires

the relay pack provides power to the SAME wires just without the key.. it does not supply power to the ignition coil the car has it's own power supplying it 12v to the ignition coil... if the ignition coil is bad the coil is not providing the necessary voltage we the key is turned..

he stated it started with the remote start meaning the remote start is supplying the necessary voltage to the same wires the ignition coil is supposed to be supplying to..

He also said when he puts he key in and turn in to the on position and steps on the bake (shutting the control of the car from the alarm to the ignition coil) it dies.. this indicates that the ignition coil is not providing the necessary current to keep those wire live with 12v...

Ascendant Audio Hawaii Rep

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

had that bish towed in late yesterday...dont think they did anything today...said it will be back up and running tomorrow afternoon...

he said it was a bad ignition switch....makes complete sense....said they messed with the alarm/remote start for awhile and nothing helped...then did some wiring tracing and found the problem...hope its all good now..will find out tomorrow night when i pick it up after work...

thanks for everything guys!

i likes me some audio stuff...

had that bish towed in late yesterday...dont think they did anything today...said it will be back up and running tomorrow afternoon...

he said it was a bad ignition switch....makes complete sense....said they messed with the alarm/remote start for awhile and nothing helped...then did some wiring tracing and found the problem...hope its all good now..will find out tomorrow night when i pick it up after work...

thanks for everything guys!

lol told ya

i went through them too

Archived