Sundown Audio

amp cutting out

bigarsenal

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to get it back on i have to cut my CD player off...it only does it every now and then, like really not days or on some songs i have that hit really really hard.

I dont know if this will help but this exact ting happened when my amp did not have enough space around it to dissapate heat good....on real hot days or when I played it for a while loud it cut off.....relocated amp - no more problems, I hope this helps.

to get it back on i have to cut my CD player off...it only does it every now and then, like really not days or on some songs i have that hit really really hard.

I dont know if this will help but this exact ting happened when my amp did not have enough space around it to dissapate heat good....on real hot days or when I played it for a while loud it cut off.....relocated amp - no more problems, I hope this helps.

same problem i had with my mtx 801d. had the gain/bass boost up too high, got hot, cut off.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

yeh i have my gain up just barely on my amp, the bass boost on my audiocontrol 3.1 and on the amp are all the way up. my sub level on the 3.1 is only 1/2 way up, so far i've disconnected the ground of my amp from the caps ground and gave it it's own ground now. later i'm a shortened up my caps ground from 13inches to 6 inches then i'll crank it up for over ten minutes straight and see what it does. so far i can tell a lil bit of a difference with my amp having it's own ground. i think i'm going to let off the bass boost a little to.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

yeh i think that might be my problem. all my grounds are done. it cut off on me again today and i just know i need to let off on the bass boost so i'll adjust that tonight.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module