Ok decision time. Income tax is around the corner and I am thinking 24" rims, or 6" lift kit with 35" tires on 16" rims. I am leaning more towards the lift because I get tired of seeing everybody's trucks on rims and also I hate that the new Ford F250 STOCK sits higher than my truck. So For those who have either rims or lift kits on their rides tell me which one rides more comfortably. Oh yeah which one is better for road trips (7+ hour trips) I am thinking about black on black kinda like this http://www.socaltrucks.com/forsale2/viewlisting.php?view=611, but with a black grill guard and maybe black lights. The bad part is garage parking. FTL Is there a way to get past this?

Edited by tripleb45

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

well im assuming your truck is IFS so a good 6" lift will cost you a fair amount of money. and not to mention you will be going htrew ball joints, tierod ends, and wheel bearings much faster.. and once you run the 35" tire you will want to do some re gearing so you dont cook you tranny!

I have been reading and I just read this while searching and I think I will be doing 22" rims instead of 24" rims due to the amount of traveling I will be doing. A lot of people say "Big truck=Big rims, but forget weight and the important things in a vehicle. So I think 22's will be my way of passage.

I've got 24's and I didn't notice a HUGE loss in ride quality

35 series tires and its still a nice ride

I love lifted trucks like that avalanche but would never see myself doing it

well after the trouble it looks like it would cause I don't think I will be doing that either. Dang I wanted to, but not for that much money and worry.

Lift and tires>Rims anyday

Then again, I do live in south mississippi and spend my weekends in the mud lol.

x2, plus I use to spend my weekends in the mud too haha

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz