I am working on a system for my truck (slowly purchasing equipment) that will HAMMER daily. Looking to put 4 12s in a blowthrough bandpass and then work towards doors and dash. before that happens I need something so I grabbed a box I had with 8 6.5s JL Audio W0s sealed and started breaking shit. I removed all of the deviders and set the woofers up isobaric 4 on 4 and ported it out of the top (it is ugly but it actually hits pretty good). I am running a 800.1 MMATS on 'em and they are moving hard. I will post pics and vids as the real build gets going, but here is some of the little guy doing it's thang (quality sucks from a BBerry).

IMG00063-20100102-2242.jpg

th_VID00001-20100105-0751.jpg

Edited by repooc

I was working on cutting down some port noise (got back there and heard it, not much but enough) should I go with 3 15.5" ports? My calculations say it will help but real world knowledge would be better.

Also does anyone know of a better way to make these guys louder? I am at the limit I think but doesn't hurt to ask.

im pretty sure i read somewhere that isobaric is just an excuse to run 2x the power and still have same loudness. try all 8 facing out with a big ass port

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

There is not enough space there, even if I filled the whole back (wedge box) it would still not have enough room.

BTW they where in there as 8 facing up sealed and this is twice as loud and hits notes the sealed config couldn't even think of.

As far as isobaric goes I wasn't sold on it either even though I did a Mustang back in the 80s with 4 15s isoed in the hatch and we couldn't keep the hatch closed (it hit hard as well) so I ran them as 4 with a port and it just didn't do what it does now.

Edited by repooc