New Idea for System Theft Prevention?

we all know that if someone wants your shit bad enough... theres really no stopping them.

recently my brothers car, who we had a vypyr system installed, was broken into. alarm still worked, the car was still locked when we got to it, but they went through the whole car. the only thing they took was a pack of gum and pocket change.

thankfully... the $1,000's of dollars of amplifiers in the back were still alright.

so im an electrical engineer and also a computer engineer in schooling, and ive got an idea to take advantage of lifting common grounds to everyone's systems, and positively charge each unit.

someone goes to touch anything that isnt referenced to ground....they complete the path and they get the shock of their lives.

of course to lift the ground from the speakers wouldnt be hard but would involve some seriously high power relay's to control the speaker wires in connection to the rest of the vehicle so that nothing is connnected.

same goes for how they amplifiers are mounted and also referenced.

seems promising... just an idea at this point. you could run a car alarm on top of this as well to protect the vehicle. but this seems promising as it would be stupid hard to steal anything.

comments? questions? im debating probably going ahead with this and beginning a circuit design. the amplifiers and speakers and all remaining connections could or could not be ruined in the process... voltage and current would take the path of least resistance which would need to be controlled to be the person "messing" where they shouldnt be.

-matt

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

Sounds like one hell of a soup lol

http://www.spyworld.net/AutoTaser.htm

BTW, the whole car Autotaser was deemed illegal for sale in the U.S.

It connected to door handles and other important parts.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

http://www.spyworld.net/AutoTaser.htm

BTW, the whole car Autotaser was deemed illegal for sale in the U.S.

It connected to door handles and other important parts.

yeah illegal is bad. but this isnt the first time ive had a run in, or my brother has had a run in. we both reside in bad parts of town in NC, so this is the only thing i believe that would actually do the job effectively other than getting robbed point blank in the face.

im surprised something simillar already exists, ill read up on this and educate myself a bit on how this works and the design im proposing.

appreciate the quick response as well.

-matt

ah, you mean the peas?

It puts it into perspective. Just imagine a stadium filled to the top with peas.

The idea has been thought of.

The reason it hasn't been used is legality. Say you have this type of theft deterrent system armed and a child playing kickball crawls under your car to get their ball and creates a circuit frying them like bacon. Then you got a lawsuit on your hands. No company would like a product that could get them sued.

Personally I say it's a great idea. Sorta along the lines of natural selection for those innocent few who ignorantly sacrifice themselves for a great anti theft product.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

not to thread jack but there is a similar anti-theft being designed in Germany using a "flame-thrower" setup from under the car that shoots flames up the door to deter theft. Once again 100% illegal but still pretty cool. The electric shock is a pretty good idea too though.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Electric shock, flame throwers is all good in my book lol, the shock would be funny to see 50,000 volts go throw them. they would take off running after they could move again. i dont c why they would outlaw a taser armed car considering u can use them and pepper spray in self defense. a pepper spray device would also be cool as well.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

The idea has been thought of.

The reason it hasn't been used is legality. Say you have this type of theft deterrent system armed and a child playing kickball crawls under your car to get their ball and creates a circuit frying them like bacon. Then you got a lawsuit on your hands. No company would like a product that could get them sued.

Personally I say it's a great idea. Sorta along the lines of natural selection for those innocent few who ignorantly sacrifice themselves for a great anti theft product.

well see, the only thing not referenced and charged would be the goods. mainly the speakers, processors, amplifiers, etc.

the rest of the car would be normally grounded to keep from dealing with ground isolations from car's wiring harnesses which would be a complete nightmare.

i believe i could design a system where IF they broke into your car, the only way they could fuck themselves is by touching the amp/ampracks, car alarm system, speakers, etc.

a quick 500V shock at something like 10mA would hurt like a son of a bitch, but wouldnt do any real damage. it takes roughly 30mA of current to difrib the heart.

besides, i have no love for someone getting killed trying to steal.

anyways the vehicle itself would still be operable, and the system could be armed or disarmed seperately from the remaining harness'.

it would all be relay controlled to "disconnect" and isolate all the parts that get the charge. probably use a step-up transformer and a decent size capacitors. think of it as a flash control on a disposable camera.

to any regard the only way someone could set it off would be to complete the connection. since people use wood for amp racks, speaker boxes, etc, alot of stuff is already isolated. people just dont know it.

any other comments on design? id like everyones POV.

of course it would not be legal. i wouldnt sell them either, but if someone like myself has ever had this happened it will take anti-theft of stereo equipment to a whole new level.

my other reason behind the design, is that if the vehicle would ever need to be towed, an 18* tilt function could be used to automatically deactivate the system to prevent any harm to anyone else doing their jobs. but they shouldnt be messing with the speaker and or electronics equipment anyway, and this would be done for grounding safety measures for the towing itself.

basically, if you cant touch it, you cant steal it.

ah, you mean the peas?

If you want to do some damage go and recess the bottom panel of your sub box 3/4" of an inch and mount razor blades on the inside edge pointing down and in at a 45* angle. You can go to car shows and nobody will know the difference. But as soon as a punk prys open your trunk and tries to lift out your subs he'll know he's in the wrong. Then you still have your sub box and just file a police report in the morning and have the boys in blue check out the local emergency rooms for you. I heard this idea from a dude cracked out of his mind and i just wrote it off as crazy talk, but the more I think about it the more I think it would work as a hell of a theft deterent.

If you want to do some damage go and recess the bottom panel of your sub box 3/4" of an inch and mount razor blades on the inside edge pointing down and in at a 45* angle. You can go to car shows and nobody will know the difference. But as soon as a punk prys open your trunk and tries to lift out your subs he'll know he's in the wrong. Then you still have your sub box and just file a police report in the morning and have the boys in blue check out the local emergency rooms for you. I heard this idea from a dude cracked out of his mind and i just wrote it off as crazy talk, but the more I think about it the more I think it would work as a hell of a theft deterent.

Numatik on here..worked at audio express,, and i remember for like extra 10$ he would install a pack of razor blades on the back of the deck... that way when someone sticks their hands in there. well....u know what happens next

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Numatik on here..worked at audio express,, and i remember for like extra 10$ he would install a pack of razor blades on the back of the deck... that way when someone sticks their hands in there. well....u know what happens next

how would you mount that?

Archived