Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

your inability to do correct testing will inhibit us from helping your further.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

hang on, we need a bit more information to determine what could possibly go wrong, you said that the amp is kicking off, is the amp turning off as if its not getting voltage, is it going into protect, or is the amp staying on and the sub isnt moving thats a different story. Your best friend is going to be a voltmeter, first check the resistance in the sub, anything +/- 1 ohm of the nominal impedence means something isnt right. Check the voltage at the amp before its playing and while playing at full tilt. if the voltage is about about 11 your ok, if so then check the rca's get yourself a completely separate set of rca's, i prefer an ipod with 1/8" headphone jack to rca's to be my choice, once you've done all that it will most likely rule out what the problem is. Oh, and check the resistances of ALL the fusing on the amp

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

hang on, we need a bit more information to determine what could possibly go wrong, you said that the amp is kicking off, is the amp turning off as if its not getting voltage, is it going into protect, or is the amp staying on and the sub isnt moving thats a different story. Your best friend is going to be a voltmeter, first check the resistance in the sub, anything +/- 1 ohm of the nominal impedence means something isnt right. Check the voltage at the amp before its playing and while playing at full tilt. if the voltage is about about 11 your ok, if so then check the rca's get yourself a completely separate set of rca's, i prefer an ipod with 1/8" headphone jack to rca's to be my choice, once you've done all that it will most likely rule out what the problem is. Oh, and check the resistances of ALL the fusing on the amp

I'm not sure I kinda didn't look heh next time it does it ill look... I don't know if it's going into protect it has ONE blue light on it thats always lit up. The sub IS moving when it kicks off its just NOT moving as much as it should then you can tell when it kicks back on. I checked voltages on the amp all is fine. I moved the RCA's around and check them wiggled them, that seems fine. how do I check the resistance of fusing on the amp?

Also how am I not giving correct information... All I can tell you is the system works fine I've played it daily with no problems every once in awhile the amp would kick off (i think i never checked if the light was on.) and the sub would stop pounding, it would WORK but it wouldnt work right. I moved all the wiring everywhere checked over all that, check the speaker terminals those were fine... I used to have gain max when I was running my two comps for a LOOOONG time and this NEVER happened... The ground wire is pretty mangled at the center so that isn't very secure... I honestly can't tell you much I've checked all that I know, everything "appears" to run how it should I mean I could bump for an hour straight and not have it happen then the next moment I could bump for 10 minutes and it'll start happening, it really makes NO SENSE... my car seems to run fine too with very low dimming, its just very weird how it happens so randomly.

Sounds to me its that ground..you said it was cut almost and you taped it back could be barly touching under the tape..and when you play the amp at higher lvl's it cuts out..i would fix that ground cable and see if it still does it

Just my .02

2-SSA EVIL 18's

American Bass VFL 1100.1 Down .5

Mechman 370amp Alt

6-XS Power D3100's

4th Order B-Piller Wall

3-AP2004's

1-APMini1200.4

4-AP 8's

8-DB Drive S3 6.5's

4-Selenium Tweets

2-DB Drive Super Tweets

YouTube- HatrixCOD

Sounds to me its that ground..you said it was cut almost and you taped it back could be barly touching under the tape..and when you play the amp at higher lvl's it cuts out..i would fix that ground cable and see if it still does it

Just my .02

Yeah happened was I had a cap installed on my last box and I ran the cable through it by cutting the wire open and splitting the wires and sliding a bolt throught he center, me being dumb I moved the box and the ground wire snapped in in half (basically had half the threads connected.) I ran it like that for a LOOOONG time fine, but over time maybe the wire got cruddy and maybe more wire snapped? I suppose the ground should be the first thing I should replace since most people seem to think that's the problem, now this could cause my amp to stay on but the subwoofer to only half power right?

So I just went outside played a bunch of different songs at max listening level for like 20 minutes with the car on... I noticed if I turned the gain down a little the power light dimmed a lot less.. The sub did NOT kick off once during this session, it didnt do anything at all I wiggled all the wires like crazy, if there was a loose wire I would have deffinatly known. My biggest question is, if an amp kicked off wouldnt the sub stop moving altogether? I mean honestly, I don't get it... why would the sub still move and then start moving rapidly when it kicks back on, most amps I know kicking off from overuse the sub goes completely off... I guess it couldnt hurt to change out my ground wiring just incase I think my problem MAY BE my amp or my power wire, but I just don't understand what I coudl have done to make it start doing this.

This... Sounds like a voltage problem, like stated before check it with a DMM at the amp terminals. If its not that then im with Ray on amp going bad/ loose connection inside

This... Sounds like a voltage problem, like stated before check it with a DMM at the amp terminals. If its not that then im with Ray on amp going bad/ loose connection inside

I did test gain with a DMM 28.28, but the thing is BEFORE i tested on my previous subs I ran the gain full tilt (allt he way up) for days and weeks and it NEVER did this... just recently started doing this,. Also if the ground was the problem wouldn't the sub cut out when I wiggle it around? or completely at that? I just don't know where to start.. I set gains, proper, wiggled wiring and everything... I will check battery output in a few and report back on that...

ok...

I checked with DMM my battery DC and it was 14.50 with volume @ 28 for a few mins...

I check amp input from power wire it was 11v

I check gain speaker output it was 28.28

I cut the ground wire where i twas broken and reinserted it so no longer a bad ground

I rewired the speaker wires to both the amp and the box terminal

I noticed when I start my car it works than slowly it pounds like crap, then I shut car off start it again, it works...

I don't get it, the sub never actually shuts off the amp light is constantly on but the sub only kicks for a little while...

I'm so confused.

Are those fuses on your amp the same physical size? One of them is sticking out more than the other. Maybe not seated all the way in the amp. Different color too. Is it the same Amperage as the other?

I would also run the ground to the frame instead of a bolt on an interior body panel. It dosent even look like the terminal is contacting clean metal. The bolt its attached to looks painted. I would start by getting yourself a better grounding point and prepare it better.

Archived