Sonic Electronix

WOW making me angry...

no, i really dont think your sub is the problem. i think that ground is a bad spot but just take it off and sand off the paint and reconnect it.

your using a pioneer hu, what source are you using? ipod? if so is it a pioneer ipod cable? those things have a lot of problems and could cause something like this.

a fairly easy test is to get a friend with a system. extend your RCA's to reach his amp. if it works fine then reconnect your RCA's and plug his subs into your amp. just get some long wires to reach his car. if the problem happens like this, it cant be your subs. if it happens with your rca's in his amp then it cant be your amp or subs.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The amp stays on and the subs plays but its like very minimal movement... just sounds like i turned the gain down almost all the way.

nobody around has a 800RMS subwoofer I know sad lol... my amp never did this at all on my two Kicker COMPS with the gain maxed... NEVER and I had the same ground wiring etc. I cana dmit my wiring sucks and I might need new wiring but at the same time im having a really hard time believing my subwoofer messed up because its new and a good company and my sub wasnt even overpowered or clipping.

Woah so im using two different fuses and ONE of them is SMALLER than what I need could this cause it? no wait im reading the specs of my amp and its 20AMP fuses not 25... i dont know where you got 25 its 400RMS so it'd be 20RMS I could see 25 if it was 450RMS.

Woah so im using two different fuses and ONE of them is SMALLER than what I need could this cause it? no wait im reading the specs of my amp and its 20AMP fuses not 25... i dont know where you got 25 its 400RMS so it'd be 20RMS I could see 25 if it was 450RMS.

2 25's is whats shown on the picts of the amp at Crutchfield's website. Doubt it would cause the problem though.

One person says 11V into the amp is fine, Im picking up a 20a fuse for my amp to replace the 25, I reinsterted my ground wire instead of my crappy one..

does ANYONE think my subs blown?

instead of "thinking" of whats wrong yourself, listen to the people on here. thats the whole point you made the thread i assume.

whoever said 11v is fine dont listen to them. under 12v and your generally pushing into the danger zone. never go smaller in fuse size, always stay the same.

3v on the power wire = something is wrong. get a better ampkit with wire that is the biggest your amp will accept, whether it be 4 gauge or 8 gauge.

sand off the paint on your ground.

all the info i can give from the random stuff you said

Is anyone missing the major point? That the kid has stock electrical lmao 8 gauge across the front/back length of his car, with NO big 3 done, so his voltage will be shit.

As for the kicking on/off sounds like a amp issue for sho. Try hookin up a different amp and see if that amp does the same thing. I had a mint condition XX-Thor that out of no where would kick on and off, my thread posted received the same answers, check ground, change ground location, check voltage.....turns out there was some shit loose in my amp bouncing around off the C-board cause sparks. Removed the loose pieces, VIOLA fixed.

Unhook your amp and shake it and see if you hear any noise or rattlings, if so that more than likely is your problem. Shit becomes loose with loud knocks and vibration. Also look closely to make your you do NOT have any rogue wires sticking out touching elsewhere on all your wires, including +, -, remote, and speaker +/-

Also check to make sure you have correct fuse ratings in your amp, as some kid thinks replacing 2x20s with 2x40s will make their shit DA BOMB!!! Consult official manual.

".......Cut spending to only the bare essentials, water and bread...and margaritas...Yaay "-Mr. Marsh

95 camry:

JVC Deck

15" Fi Q in a fail prefab box

US-Amps Merlin Md2d

"Doin' that Work

Archived