How To Install Dual Battery?

+-------fuse--------------------------fuse-------battery

and yes you can ground to the chassis and an isolator only helps if you run your system with the engine off, which if you need two more batteries thats probably not a good idea

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Yes its fine to ground the second battery to the chasis.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

just a word of caution...stock alternators on a car arent meant to charge 2 batteries. L7's are power hungry so i'd look into a high output alt if i was u...adding a second battery does nothing but give u more playing time when the car is off...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

just a word of caution...stock alternators on a car arent meant to charge 2 batteries. L7's are power hungry so i'd look into a high output alt if i was u...adding a second battery does nothing but give u more playing time when the car is off...

agreed...

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

Guest MegaloManiac

im sure it can handle its just going to act like 1 battery since he isnt using a diode. the batteries will draw off each other until they are both equal. I agree a HO alt will do more of a trick than 2 batteries. However the extra reserve will help cushion the blow easier.

Guest MegaloManiac

you should be fine...however i really think its borderline. Cause i remember a friend of mine had a 120A stock alt in his Tahoe with a single NINe1 and he said that it was just enough for that 1 amp to keep up with.

Edited by MegaloManiac

but heres the thing, youre pulling two different currents (1 from each amp) and only have one (mediocre) alt...i mean it still SHOULD work, but your power is really being supplied by the alt...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Yea, flinkster's making a good point but I'm sure he'll be fine with that alt. I did 2 Sundown 1500's in my buddy's explorer w/ a 135 amp alt. and it takes it like a champ. No dimming and he's always at a constant 13.1-13.8v. I used a stinger 800 up front and 2 of the new small stingers in the back. You may want to look into upgrading your starter battery as well. Look into this up front http://cgi.ebay.com/hc800-KINETIK-BATTERY-...VQQcmdZViewItem

And this in the rear http://cgi.ebay.com/hc1400-KINETIK-BATTERY...VQQcmdZViewItem

Wire them up parallel and you should be scraight. :)

New project in the works ;)

Yea, flinkster's making a good point but I'm sure he'll be fine with that alt. I did 2 Sundown 1500's in my buddy's explorer w/ a 135 amp alt. and it takes it like a champ. No dimming and he's always at a constant 13.1-13.8v. I used a stinger 800 up front and 2 of the new small stingers in the back. You may want to look into upgrading your starter battery as well. Look into this up front http://cgi.ebay.com/hc800-KINETIK-BATTERY-...VQQcmdZViewItem

And this in the rear http://cgi.ebay.com/hc1400-KINETIK-BATTERY...VQQcmdZViewItem

Wire them up parallel and you should be scraight. :)

i thought the HC1400 was for the front and the HC800 was for the rear ........... that's how it suppose to go.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module