build lookin nice i had a 93 sixty special (fleetwood) and i managed to fit two kicker 15s in the trunk with a nice size box but i choose to remove my rear glove box and 3rd brake light insted of cutting the armrest

Current vehicle

91 Lincoln T.C.

2 18s trunk build coming soon

for now

2-12s ported in trunk

1000 watt kenwood amp

kenwood deck

18 inch rims

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awsome build man looks good

-Car: 2006 Ford expedition King Ranch

-Subs: 2 FI BTLs 18 fully loaded

-amps: 2 sundown SAZ 3000D

-Alternator: DC Power 260 amps

-Batterys: 2 optima yellowtops

-A whole shit load of 0 guage knu hyper flex and raptor cable

-Rockford Fosegate 3sixty

Should I fill up the empty space behind the 45's? If so than with what? I have some little 90 degree pieces of wood left over from cutn the 45's that fit right in. I could put that wood back in n fill it with somethin maybe?

sorry for my delay

u dont need to fill behind the 45s as long as they are sealed well

so did u take ur dash off or break the clips?

those speakers were so hard to fit in my stock location, i spent hours breakin plastic to fit the magnets

use weather stripping around the speaker itself so when u reattatch the dash it forms a seal and the front waves dont mix with the back waves

so far ive liked -18db @100hz as my crossover

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

sorry for my delay

u dont need to fill behind the 45s as long as they are sealed well

so did u take ur dash off or break the clips?

those speakers were so hard to fit in my stock location, i spent hours breakin plastic to fit the magnets

use weather stripping around the speaker itself so when u reattatch the dash it forms a seal and the front waves dont mix with the back waves

so far ive liked -18db @100hz as my crossover

Idk, I pry will fill it with somethin. Glue would take forever to dry. Never messd with glass or anything so... Idk. I have been goin overkill with the glue so I should be fine either way. About the speakers... Yea I got the little bolts out. had to take the dremel to it after that. They dont have weather stripping around them, Guess I might do that. Their in there all types of ghetto. They were a fuckn bitch! Do sound good tho. Im not runnin em off an amp or anything

Rebuild in progress...

Idk, I pry will fill it with somethin. Glue would take forever to dry. Never messd with glass or anything so... Idk. I have been goin overkill with the glue so I should be fine either way. About the speakers... Yea I got the little bolts out. had to take the dremel to it after that. They dont have weather stripping around them, Guess I might do that. Their in there all types of ghetto. They were a fuckn bitch! Do sound good tho. Im not runnin em off an amp or anything

i have them on my jvc-shx8500 which puts our ~15 more watts per channel rms than most decks and they sound decent

i also have time alignment and that helps a ton

ive never filled my 45s, lol

and u definately need to weather strip around the speakers, u prolly have NO midbass right now

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i have them on my jvc-shx8500 which puts our ~15 more watts per channel rms than most decks and they sound decent

i also have time alignment and that helps a ton

ive never filled my 45s, lol

and u definately need to weather strip around the speakers, u prolly have NO midbass right now

Ok, Mayb I wont fill it. But yea I really have no midbass at all. Gunna replace the 5.25's in the front door to some components soon, Figured thats where itd come from. Ill weather strip the speakers tho.

Rebuild in progress...

Kinda hard to explain. Take the plastic seat belt piece off the "backseat headrest" Theirs a screw, And behind the plastic piece a bolt or somethin. Take that out. The bottoms kinda hard but you gotta get in there n like push the bottom seat towards the back of the car, Pretty fuckn hard to. Theirs 2 clips holdn the seat in place. Push it back far enough and itll pop out. Then remove the 2 back seatbelt bolts. And their you go!

thanks ive been lookin around for that!! i did the same thiing with the hole in the back too!

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Couple more progress pics. Got the port finishd but didnt get pics of it yet. Went a little overboard with the glue n sealent in some places to but oh well, Overkill pry wont hurt. Should be done with it 2m nite. Besides finishing sandn and getn it paintd!

DSCN1378.jpg

DSCN1380.jpg

Rebuild in progress...

Archived