forget soldering, forget crimping, here it is...pics

I always thought how it would work if you were to take those kinds of lugs, and fill the bottom half with solder, heat up the lug till the solder is pooled in the bottom then stick the wire in, would it work?

Anybody got any feedback on that?

Also to the OP good Idea, they have those already but they are real expensive, what you have is a cost effective solution.

i believe thats actually how those types of terminals are soldered on...

fill the thing with solder and then insert wire...

i likes me some audio stuff...

works nice and you can reuse them :)

Exactly. I wasted so many 4 guage copper lugs. But I'm upgrading electrical system and from now on, I will never solder or crimp again.

Yes, definitely cost effective solution! I spent about $45 for 20 1/0 copper lugs and $10 for 20 allen screws from local shops and some diy work. :)

'91 Honda crx - TOTALLED

200amps rebuilt Iraggi alt

2 d3100

Mojo [email protected]

2 15's DC XLm1 in 7.2cubes, 2 6" aeroports tuned to 32hz

i still think solderin is the best

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

i got 2 1/0 tsunami terminals (same concept) for 3$ so $1.50 each at princess auto

they work well

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I always thought how it would work if you were to take those kinds of lugs, and fill the bottom half with solder, heat up the lug till the solder is pooled in the bottom then stick the wire in, would it work?

Anybody got any feedback on that?

Also to the OP good Idea, they have those already but they are real expensive, what you have is a cost effective solution.

Thats what I do! Just cant get it too hot or the solder bubbles and splatters all over ya, and it hurts, just like frying bacon, except worse...

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Archived