forget soldering, forget crimping, here it is...pics

Draw your own conclusions on these pics, guys

Sliding solid copper lug over

lugon.jpg

Crimped up with the hex crimper in a couple of seconds!

crimp1.jpg

Cut it with a hacksaw just to show you guys how it looks inside

formed.jpg

formed1.jpg

It's now formed into one solid copper joint, it's never coming undone and very very little resistance. Quick and easy!

Then just slide some industrial heatshrink over to insulate and it's all gravy!

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

I always thought how it would work if you were to take those kinds of lugs, and fill the bottom half with solder, heat up the lug till the solder is pooled in the bottom then stick the wire in, would it work?

Anybody got any feedback on that?

Also to the OP good Idea, they have those already but they are real expensive, what you have is a cost effective solution.

That is all I use, order the lugs in bulk and get the solder slugs that you drop into them; heat it up and push the wire in: presto chango you have got a soldered on lug with minimal work. I haven't had one fail yet and this is how the old school mechanics have done it for years so it is a proven method.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

Would the fact that the solder isnt copper cause more resistances that just crimping the copper terminal over the wire?

Yes, that's why crimping is still the best. :)

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

I just got that same one for christmas except mine came from harbor freight. Works great so far!

how much are they at harbor freight? has it broke yet? haha. I get tired of going to a vice to crimp my 0 gauge and the only crimpers i ever see for it is over 200 buck, except for the ebay link

Archived