forget soldering, forget crimping, here it is...pics

nice. i like the ones from home depot, solid copper allen screw set, they're about 4$ a pair

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how much are they at harbor freight? has it broke yet? haha. I get tired of going to a vice to crimp my 0 gauge and the only crimpers i ever see for it is over 200 buck, except for the ebay link

I think it was $70 but I have seen it on sale for 50. So far so good it comes with new seals also.

TDH FTW !!!

good idea but i dont see it working to well for a couple reasons...

usually it takes quite a bit to get the set screw to be able to hold the wire in place tight enough for it not to move and i dont think you will be able to do that since the set screw is so small, so what im thinin it will do is just move the wire out and around it. or strip the coper out not allowing you to tighten it all the way. or since its so think it may just tighten bent the copper up. but if it works it works!

usually it takes quite a bit to get the set screw to be able to hold the wire in place tight enough for it not to move and i dont think you will be able to do that since the set screw is so small, so what im thinin it will do is just move the wire out and around it. or strip the coper out not allowing you to tighten it all the way. or since its so think it may just tighten bent the copper up. but if it works it works!

you have to make sure you aren't using some 4 gauge in a 1/0 lug or something like that where is just floatin around it has to be pretty snug and the set screw works perfect

if you are really worried about drill 3 more holes around the lug and put 3 more set screws in for 360˚ of coverage :good:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

i know that..but usually when you buy terminals there slightly bigger so that you can fit the wire inside of it easly. but all i was saying is that i think the set scew may be a bit small and may just part the wire in the terminal not allowing it to tighten and hold the wire firmly in place. or since the terminal is on the thin side it may just pull the threads out.

I don't know about 1/0 but on the 4 gauge ones I have they are pretty solid in there

now maybe if you had a short set screw then it will end up just falling through the hole before it even tightens enough but if you get long enough ones it ain't going anywhere not like a gorilla is waiting for the perfect moment and going to rip that shit out and slap it to a ground :lol:

did you buy the 4 guage ones? or did you do the same thing the OP did?

the ones ive seen that you can buy are usually pretty heavy and are usually about 1/8" thick and give you more thread where as the cooper terminals are thick enough to mabey get a thread or 2 and to get them tight enough thats not alot of thread.

mine looks like this

STINGER-PROBATTZ.jpg

the set screw is flush with the terminal so its more than just 2 threads

99% if not 100% all of the amps use sets of screws on the terminals. its basically the same design. what i will do is tighten allen screw and put the electrical tape around the wire/lug. i don't think it would slip out.

'91 Honda crx - TOTALLED

200amps rebuilt Iraggi alt

2 d3100

Mojo [email protected]

2 15's DC XLm1 in 7.2cubes, 2 6" aeroports tuned to 32hz

Archived