Misconception about Batteries?

I would say forget an extra battery and just get the alt... extra batteries seem useless. I'll agree with the guy you talked to at a shop. I see no benefit for them besides being able to play the system with the engine off.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

it also depends on your alt, if you have a civic with a 80 or 90 amp alt and you add a second battery to your car. its going to do more bad than good, your alt is not going last long.

A good rule of thumb is about 80 amps of alt output per battery.

so lets say you wanna run 2 batteries u need about 160+ amps of output from your alt.

Kinda true but really depends on the quality of the alternator. If you're putting near capacity load on the alternator then its not going to matter what size it is and any alternator that is crappy will kick the bucket.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

a ho alternator without extra batteries is totally pointless imo

I don't get your reasoning... The amps draw the current directly from the alt when the car is running. Same thing if u had lots of batteries, except the current would just have to travel through the batteries first. If they alt can't provide the current the amps need, the voltage drops. Batteries will just temporarily provide power to the amp when it demands more then the alt puts out, but at the price of lower voltage (but still higher then when the alt voltage drops)

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

Haha. 1 his 200 amp rated amp is not going to be drawing 200 amps all the time. 2 If you think an alternator should work all the time for your system then you're just going to end up with a burnt up alternator. An upgraded battery or an extra battery will help.

Also, DC Power has one of the best prices out there. Call Rob, tell him Phi sent you and he will give you the alternator for your budget. Like someone else said before, you don't want to skimp on this.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

it also depends on your alt, if you have a civic with a 80 or 90 amp alt and you add a second battery to your car. its going to do more bad than good, your alt is not going last long.

A good rule of thumb is about 80 amps of alt output per battery.

so lets say you wanna run 2 batteries u need about 160+ amps of output from your alt.

Pleeeeeeease.

I'm running 15 batteries in my Hyundai Getz. Stock alt. 10kw+ system. No problems.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

really? man.. everyone has different sides, i think i will be fine with some extra batts like 75% of the builds on this forum

Yup. Voltage sits at 12.5v allllll day... well, for about 2-3 minutes wanging on it full tilt. Then the subs start getting a bit warm ;/ I mean yeah, if I pounded on it hard for ages eventually the battery bank would go flat and the car would stall out but the fact is that in 99% of cases the subs and your ears just can't take that kind of thing. Fuck driving around at 150+. My eyes vibrate too much.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived