Misconception about Batteries?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess ill add some to this.

You might not need a bigger alt to run a 5k+ system if you have a ton of batteries, but its better too. Youll need to put the batts on a charger pretty often.

you also gonna have the alt trying to run full tilt alot though. Thats is bad. and 80 amp alt in an import( i used to have one) will cover the cars electrical then maybe 800 watts before you start dropping. might get to 1600 and the alt will drop to 12.5 or where ever your batts are resting.. if you have enough.

You wouldnt get a 1500watt sub and play it full tilt with a 1500 watt amp or bigger all day would you, so why do it to your alt??

kinda like runnin on bald tires and sayin "well no blow out yet, so ill keep driving on them"

but as for ppl thinkin they need a giant alt for their 2k system..

my gf has a camaro that i put a 1600watt and a 400wat amp in. it has a tiny ass battery up front, dont even know how big the alt is. She had bad voltage drop issues and i started to think about and extra batt and bigger alt. a week later i did the Big 3 on here car and now she has to have the volume almost full tilt before it dims.

Archived