Drawing to many amps?

all right the other day i noticed my subs kept cutting in and out so i went to look in the back to see what the deal was and i go to look and to my surpirse my 0 gauge wire was melted to my fuse holder. right now its disconnected. right now electronic shit has been breaking in my car. started with one of my windows not rolling down then my wiper blades (fuse good, relay good, must be the motor?) and now none of my windows work my question is could this be related with my subs? could it have to do with low voltage that is my first quess cause with my subs disconnected when im listing to music when the bass hits my window buttons dim on and off. ill upload a pic of the fuse/wire after work if needed. car is a 1999 dodge intrepid subs and amp in sig. also im not gona lie its not grounded ideally

Edited by zacht214

2 15 RE SE

1 Audiopipe 1500d

Sony HU

Batcap 800 in the back

Team Tex~Flex

teamtexflex-1.jpg

TeamSMD6.png

if your 0ga wire melted that me3ans your trying to draw way to much amps from your electrical system. Do you have the big 3 done? if you do you probably need a stronger alt.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

can you name your thread besides "help"

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Yes do your big 3 correctly. Doesnt matter if its a pain in the ass, just get it done the right way the first time.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Yes do your big 3 correctly. Doesnt matter if its a pain in the ass, just get it done the right way the first time.

I would do the big 3 no matter how hard it would be. You cannot get to the alternator then might as well take the whole engine out...

k so im going to suck it up and finish the big 3 but will it be enough? i mean before my lights hardly ever dimmed so i thought i had good voltage, guess not. im going to order a volt meter right now from darvex.

2 15 RE SE

1 Audiopipe 1500d

Sony HU

Batcap 800 in the back

Team Tex~Flex

teamtexflex-1.jpg

TeamSMD6.png