Box Designer's

why not look around rather then make a thread

decaf and footlongsam both do box designs

AS does the FORUM ASSHOLE. Props to J for doing GOOD DESIGNS on the cheap

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

Who are the box designer's on here?

hey this is my first post or reply on here still trying to figure it all out ANYWAYS i just picked up a 18" FI BL and im have a box built for it on friday its going in a ford focus sedan...the big problem is the odd shape of the truck opening to allow the box inside the trunk.. i couldnt figure out how to measure the opening correctly so i just took some measurements of inside that i thoguht might work and maybe cut them down from there?

Wide 40 inches thats 3ft 4 inches

Tall 20 inches ruffly thats 1 foot 8 inches can be taller depending on how deep the box is

Deep 2 feet ruffly 25 inches

now i was talkin to a guy i was going to have build it for me and he told me he could do it and make it atleast 5 cubic feet thats was FI says min for this sub im pretty sure

so the gut told me that 24 tall 24 wide and 19 deep is 5.1CF

so i was thinkin i could go more wide than tall and be all good

any help would be great what would be the tune for this sub for stupid slap but also good sound quality what do you all think it should be tuned too?

just because: JL 1000/1V2 FI 18" BL Arc Audio KS300.4 puts out 700rms to the doors Arc audio arc6000's componets in all 4 doors and kenwood 25th deck model XXV-01D with i-pod interface

• 1 month later...

hey this is my first post or reply on here still trying to figure it all out ANYWAYS i just picked up a 18" FI BL and im have a box built for it on friday its going in a ford focus sedan...the big problem is the odd shape of the truck opening to allow the box inside the trunk.. i couldnt figure out how to measure the opening correctly so i just took some measurements of inside that i thoguht might work and maybe cut them down from there?

Wide 40 inches thats 3ft 4 inches

Tall 20 inches ruffly thats 1 foot 8 inches can be taller depending on how deep the box is

Deep 2 feet ruffly 25 inches

now i was talkin to a guy i was going to have build it for me and he told me he could do it and make it atleast 5 cubic feet thats was FI says min for this sub im pretty sure

so the gut told me that 24 tall 24 wide and 19 deep is 5.1CF

so i was thinkin i could go more wide than tall and be all good

any help would be great what would be the tune for this sub for stupid slap but also good sound quality what do you all think it should be tuned too?

just because: JL 1000/1V2 FI 18" BL Arc Audio KS300.4 puts out 700rms to the doors Arc audio arc6000's componets in all 4 doors and kenwood 25th deck model XXV-01D with i-pod interface

You need to see cc_audio's celica build with his 18" GZ Pluto.. He fit a 18, 2 batteries, an amp rack, and a lot of wire with a voltmeter in the trunk of a 92 celica.. It would probably give you a good idea of what to do..(except u need a saw to remove the box)

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move!

• 3 months later...

5 cubes is probably on the low side for the BL, I am running 2 SSD's at 6.7 cubes per driver in a separate chamber box, tuned to 26 hz. They hit hard, but I think I could make them dig a bit lower by going bigger. When I ran one in a 8 cube box at the same tune, it was just wicked in the mid 30s. My next build will be between 10 and 15 cubes per driver with more port area. I will be going for a super low tuned, 32 hz peak hair trick setup though.

Custom Sounds NW takes your ideas and turns them into your reality.

Custom enclosures, consultations, service and installation of mobile electronics and home theater equipment.

References available!

My FB Page

Two fully loaded fi SSD18's + Soundstream Rubicon RUB1.2500D wired to .5 ohm for 3600 RMS = Bass for your face!

Archived