>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?

>>> POLL <<<< What Alternator Company Do You Prefer And Why?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What high amperage alternator company do you prefer?

• Iraggi Alternator
    • DC Power
    • Mech Man
    • XS Power
    • Excessive Amperage
    • Ohio Generator
    • Stinger

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted DC

When i was alt shopping i called Mechman, DC, and Iraggi.

Dom gets my vote in phone conversations. he was very polite and seemed truly interested in answering my questions. but when i compared prices for my application, i got a better power/dollar ratio out of DC. since they both had good customer service i voted DC purely because i am very very tight with money.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

You left out HO Alternator.

I would have to say Powermaster, HO Alternator, and Ohio because all 3 of them have sponsored me. :D

...and then Iraggi because you got me the parts I needed once, quick!

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Iraggi Alternator - Ran a Dominator 300 amp, caught fire during Streetbeat run @ Heatwave, sent it in was covered free of charge. Quit working 2nd time had it fixed, free of charge, decided to try something a bit more reliable. This was all during when everyone said his CS was horrible but I never had any issues contacting him.

DC Power - Ran 4 - 315 amp alts, they built and help design a new bracket for the 4.3 v6, alot of testing was fun, then built another bracket for the passenger side so I could run 4 alts, have yet to have any problems from the alts, sent them in 2 weeks ago to have rebuilt and for 16v. All around stout company, and call me up out of the blue to shoot the shit and see how my truck build is going.

Mech Man - Never ran

XS Power - Never ran

Excessive Amperage - 100% garbage - 300 amp alt DOA, fixed had tested did 35 amps at idle barely keep truck running, had rebuilt by another Alt company and sold.

Ohio Generator - 250 amp alt, sold, had no real complaint.

Stinger - Never ran

Team Ampere Audio

i voted dc

i voted for dc because of there great customer service, and great pricing.

dc truly cares about there customers and rob is very helpful. they do great promotions and that is what turned me on to dc.

i did check around on pricing and what not on alternators before choosing dc

dc power FTW!

Iraggi gets my vote, dom helped me out a ton on all my questions and hooked me up fat with my new 220 ho alt which works flawlessly.

Dc power, i talked to rob and he was helpfull with my problems also, but since ive been waiting for a big 3 kit i won in a raffle since october and have been promised shipping multiple times i gave up on there customer service. and decided its not worth the headache dealing with empty promises.

Dominic took care of the wiring kit without me even asking him for it and to me thats just awesome for him to do that for a complete stranger, i

will not try any of the other companies. I will come back to dom for all my projects.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

I voted DC Power since this was about "Alternator Company". The only HO alt I've ran is the 250amp DC Power I have now. I bought that and a switchable MLA module from Robbie who spent a lot of time over the phone with me to help me install my MLA. He also helped me when I thought I had a problem with the alt that turned out to be a loose belt.

Recently I had to call him again, he called me right back and helped me troubleshoot a problem I was having which he walked me through.

The only of the listed vendors I've had experience with is Mechman. I've only purchased XS Power batteries from Matt, but everytime I call him he answers the phone and is very polite and will answer any questions. And you can't beat his free shipping (If you say SMD !!)

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

I voted DC

When i was alt shopping i called Mechman, DC, and Iraggi.

Dom gets my vote in phone conversations. he was very polite and seemed truly interested in answering my questions. but when i compared prices for my application, i got a better power/dollar ratio out of DC. since they both had good customer service i voted DC purely because i am very very tight with money.

Thanks for all the replies. I hope out of the 11,000+ members this thread get a lot more attention. :)

How much price difference was there between the two of us? Are you talking about standard pricing or some promotion they had going? Just curious.

I have always tried to keep our pricing reasonable and in just about anyones price range. Lower than most companies out there that "specialize" in high amp units.

You left out HO Alternator.

I would have to say Powermaster, HO Alternator, and Ohio because all 3 of them have sponsored me. :D

...and then Iraggi because you got me the parts I needed once, quick!

LOL.. I havent hear anything from them in years. Are they still doing much in the high amp area? What parts did I get for you? I vaguely remember something.. years ago. LOL..

Iraggi gets my vote, dom helped me out a ton on all my questions and hooked me up fat with my new 220 ho alt which works flawlessly.

Dc power, i talked to rob and he was helpfull with my problems also, but since ive been waiting for a big 3 kit i won in a raffle since october and have been promised shipping multiple times i gave up on there customer service. and decided its not worth the headache dealing with empty promises.

Dominic took care of the wiring kit without me even asking him for it and to me thats just awesome for him to do that for a complete stranger, i

will not try any of the other companies. I will come back to dom for all my projects.

You STILL havent got your wiring? That was about 6 months ago or so. You did pay for it... anyway, Ill stay out of that. Im just glad you are good to go now.. Iraggi Style. ;)

I voted Iraggi, I love my alt. Only had experience with this one alt though. I did get a few prices before committing to buy and Iraggi gave me the best price for what I needed. I asked many questions and Dom answered them all promptly. very professional, quick shipping. I can say DC answered my questions pretty quick as well, so my experience was good customer service with them, the price was just a little higher.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts