Usa an iPad as a carputer?

VaBeachKevin

I wonder how well it would work? Most carputers I see are just a 10" touchscreen that the majority of the time is just playing iTunes or some other music program. I always wanted a carputer but was too lazy to go through the full installation. This looks like I could get a large touchscreen to play my music and videos all wrapped u in a easy package. Anyone see any reason this would not work?

ipad-ipod.jpg

99 Ford Explorer Sport

Alpine 9886

Infinity 7541a

JL 12w3

Viper 771xv

I dont see why not, but i would make it semi easy to take out so you can take it in the house and load up more music/movies on the go. and you will need a power source for it, which shouldnt be 2 hard.. and a headphone port thing to RCA adapter and should work fine

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Fiberglassing a dock for it in my dash then just pop it out whenever I want to update it or take it to class or something

Vehicle: 2008 Chevy Cobalt LT

Exterior: Tinted tails, Lowered with Eibach Springs, Black Housing Headlights, 6000k HIDs

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P400-4 & T10001bd

Batteries: Kinetik HC1400

Electrical: Big 3 Stock Alt

Enclosure: 4 ft³ @ 33Hz 75sq.in. of port (18.75sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Boston Acoustics SL60 (front), Boston Acoustic SX95 (rear)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: 1/0g KnuKonceptz Kollosus, 4g MobileSpec

well, the two issues i see sq wise are that apple headphone jacks have some of the worse sq i've ever experienced in my life, and that you now have 2 volumes that have to be synched(and all apple products i've tried definately distort/clip past like 70% volume.) if thats not a concern all you need to do is make a dock and have a h/u with an aux in.

and before someone jumps on me for saying that, using the same music file on an ipod mini, nano, video, classic, archos gmini404 and 604wifi, on an sd card, usb stick, and a burned cd, the ipods (when played through aux) clearly had the worse sq. The sd card and usb were best (because there is no secondary decompression taking place) along with the burned cd. The archos through aux were much better than the ipods through aux, and even better than the 30pin ipod cable which is admittedly a step up from aux(but ipod eq/processing still applies, so apple is still making the music worse before sending it out)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

not sure how he had it wired though...

if it were me i would build a place to put a head unit thats made for ipod or usb like a kenwood alpine ect, and that way you can use the high pass filter, bass, and have the full abilty to tune your system and thats about as esay as you can make it but you would have to modify your whole dash which you would have to do for a 10 inch screen too, but in my opinion an i pad would be way cooler

im going back and forth about using a mac mini or ipad not sure if it will work for an ipad but i looking at a review on youtube that said the direct conect usb port on a kenwood kdc-x794 bypasses the Digital analog converter of an ipod

Team O.B.M

'97 Tahoe

Build after the new year!!!

Kenwood kdc-x794/16gig android tablet

6 sets of Crescendo ccx65s

2 18s

2 Sundown saz 4500s

2 Sundown sax 100.4

1 Mechman SMD spec 360a

4 XS d1400s

My Feed Back

http://www.stevemead...showtopic=44841