XS Power

XS Power Battery Wattage Guide

Right but would the 4 batteries run the system longer without a recharge?

Yes, if you have 4 batteries then you have 4 times the power to supply to the system. For easy math and a explanation lets say your system was pulling 100 amps from 1 D3100. If you had 4 D3100s it would still pull 100amps, but that 100amps would be divided between the 4 D3100s.

Ive wondered this for a while now, and hopefully I wont regret getting the D2400 other than the D3400. My question problem I see is the D3400 has a far superior CA than the D2400 yet it is lighter, and I realize 5 AH less etc. WHY!!

CA has nothing to do with car audio. The 2400 is designed for instantaneous power and will work great as a starting battery or a secondary battery. Thats why the 2400 has a higher MaxAmps rating.

Hmm, look like I've got way overkill electrical system cause I have brand new one d1200 and two d3100 and h.o. alt(on the way). I'm running only 3k watts amp. But I think it would be nice to play full tilt at idle for a long time before voltage start to drop. I haven't install batteries yet, waiting for my alt. I can always upgrade amp in the future.

I wouldn't call that over kill at all. I myself would have at least that for a 3k system. Depending on the amp you can have a lot more of an amperage pull than you think.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

Yes, if you have 4 batteries then you 4 times the power to supply to the system. For easy math and a explanation lets say your system was pulling 100 amps from 1 D3100. If you had 4 D3100s it would still pull 100amps, but that 100amps would be divided between the 4 D3100s

So it would be the same for the 4 walmat batteries to right?

Yes you would get 4 X the walmart performance.

So the 4 walmarts would indeed last longer vs 1 d3100 in a set up with a 200 amp alt and 5000 watt amp?

Just saying if this is based on a 1 or 2 battery system I do not know of many people (if any) with 2 alts running 1 or 2 batteries as you would need 2 250 amp alts to produce 500 amps for the 5000 watts. So for a 5000 watt system with 1 alt it would seem you would run into a low capacity situation just using the 1 d 3100. Wouldn't you run into the same type of situations with 4500 and 4000 watt set ups?

Edited by soundzright

Hmm, look like I've got way overkill electrical system cause I have brand new one d1200 and two d3100 and h.o. alt(on the way). I'm running only 3k watts amp. But I think it would be nice to play full tilt at idle for a long time before voltage start to drop. I haven't install batteries yet, waiting for my alt. I can always upgrade amp in the future.

Naw man that ain't overkill. I have a D6500 under the hood with (2) D3100s waiting to go into the back and I also have (2) 270A Alts waiting to be installed once the weather clears up. I only have a T4000-1BD and a Power 750X. I'll be upgrading soon to a (2) T2500-1BDCPs and (2) T600-2.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

So the 4 walmarts would indeed last longer vs 1 d3100 in a set up with a 200 amp alt and 5000 watt amp?

Just saying if this is based on a 1 or 2 battery system I do not know of many people (if any) with 2 alts running 1 or 2 batteries as you would need 2 250 amp alts to produce 500 amps for the 5000 watts. So for a 5000 watt system with 1 alt it would seem you would run into a low capacity situation just using the 1 d 3100. Wouldn't you run into the same type of situations with 4500 and 4000 watt set ups?

NO 4 walmart batteries does not match the performance of a D3100!! Flooded batteries do not operate efficiently in car audio applications. This is like comparing 1980 technology with 2010 technology. Kind of like the Zack Morris cell phone to a IPhone. If WalMart batteries worked so well there would probably be world record holders sponsored by walmart.

I am just using this for an example. All applications and set ups can be different depending on the equipment being used and the set up.

If you have a 5000 watt system with a 250amp alternator (that actually puts out 250amps or more) and one D3100. You are going to have the amperage pull from the vehicle + the amperage pull from the system.......... approx 550amps total. The alternator will provide 250amps, so the batteries must supply about 300amps of power. If you are using the D3100 as your starting battery you will still have enough power to supply the other 300amps of power. Your voltage would drop, but you would still have power. This is playing your system at full tilt. If you are not at full tilt then you would not be pulling that much power.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

NO 4 walmart batteries does not match the power of 1 D3100!! Flooded batteries do not operate efficiently in car audio applications. This is like comparing 1980 technology with 2010 technology. Kind of like the Zack Morris cell phone to a IPhone. If WalMart batteries worked so well there would probably be world record holders sponsored by walmart.

I am just using this for an example. All applications and set ups can be different depending on the equipment being used and the set up.

If you have a 5000 watt system with a 250amp alternator (that actually puts out 250amps or more) and one D3100. You are going to have the amperage pull from the vehicle + the amperage pull from the system.......... approx 550amps total. The alternator will provide 250amps, so the batteries must supply about 300amps of power. If you are using the D3100 as your starting battery you will still have enough power to supply the other 300amps of power. Your voltage would drop, but you would still have power. This is playing your system at full tilt. If you are not at full tilt then you would not be pulling that much power.

so the d3100 will provide 300 amps of power longer than 4 group 31 walmarts getting drained 75 amps each? That would be 440 ah @ 300 amps or 75 amps per 110 ah vs 300 amps on a single 110ah d3100. Wouldn't the 4 batteries be less likely to get caught up in a failure or thermal runaway condition? Notices all the answers they give ignore the 300 amps the 1 battery will have to provide even with the engine on.

Edited by soundzright

so the d3100 will provide 300 amps of power longer than 4 group 31 walmarts getting drained 75 amps each? That would be 440 ah @ 300 amps or 75 amps per 110 ah vs 300 amps on a single 110ah d3100. Wouldn't the 4 batteries be less likely to get caught up in a failure or thermal runaway condition?

Obviously a single D3100 will not play "longer" than 4 cheapo batteries, but we're not here to sell batteries to people who are in contests to play their systems the longest, we are selling to people who want to play their systems the loudest. If you need batteries to play the system all day at a 75-100A load, then buy them from walmart. If you are in the market for batteries to power amperage hungry amplifiers in an average daily driver installation (with the engine running) then you should be looking into XS Power. Especially if you dont want to have to replace batteries every year...

Also, the 4 conventional batteries we've mentioned from WalMart will be more likely to experience failure as they are not designed for the harsh mobile audio environment. Thermal runaway would not be a concern from either if charged properly.

If you have other questions that can be useful to the XS Power section, feel free to post them... please direct any other comments to our email or PM's so we can keep this post clear.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

• 4 weeks later...