XS Power

XS Power Battery Wattage Guide

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nathan,

I'm currently planning a build for my 2005 Hyundai Elantra.

I'll be running 5000RMS (2 18" AA Mayhems and two amps that are currently undecided on). I will have between 450-500amps charging from a dual alt setup depending on which ones I end up with. Assuming 12-14 volts that gives me enough overhead amperage at revs, but definitely lacking at idle. This will be a daily driver with the occasional comp.

My questions to you...

1.Do you know what battery will fit up front?

2. What batteries do you recommend for the back? I was thinking getting a couple D3100's as they seem to be the powerhouses and with the overhead amperage i'll have seems to be a good fit since I will be able to charge them to keep the voltages up.

Thanks in advance, been quite helpful reading up on this thread. Definitely going XS for my batteries!

Do you know what batteries I can fit under the hood of a 2008 tahoe. There's 2 spots for batteries

Most put a D3100 in the front spot and a D3400 in the back spot under the hood.

Hey Nathan,

I'm currently planning a build for my 2005 Hyundai Elantra.

I'll be running 5000RMS (2 18" AA Mayhems and two amps that are currently undecided on). I will have between 450-500amps charging from a dual alt setup depending on which ones I end up with. Assuming 12-14 volts that gives me enough overhead amperage at revs, but definitely lacking at idle. This will be a daily driver with the occasional comp.

My questions to you...

1.Do you know what battery will fit up front?

2. What batteries do you recommend for the back? I was thinking getting a couple D3100's as they seem to be the powerhouses and with the overhead amperage i'll have seems to be a good fit since I will be able to charge them to keep the voltages up.

Thanks in advance, been quite helpful reading up on this thread. Definitely going XS for my batteries!

The direct replacement is a Group 124R battery. That is not a very common group size and we do not have a direct replacement for that battery, but it looks like the D5100R should fit in there easily and the posts will be on the correct sides for you. The D3100s would be my suggestion for the back if you have the room. Sounds like its going to be a nice build.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

I've got a 2004 Honda Pilot with a stock 130 amp alt, big 3 in 0 gauge, with two P500-1bd amps powering two dc level 4s. The rms is about 1200, and I'm seeing some voltage drop with this NAPA battery..what do you recommend I put under the hood? I plan on upgrading power to two t1500-1bdcp amps, so closer to 3000 rms; what will I need to add to support the increased pull to the bigger amps? Thanks!

Hey i am going to be running around 4000watts with 3 amps and i ordered a 220amp alt and have an optima yellow top up front and i was wondering what i should get as a secondary battery in the back? I was thinking 1 d3100 but wasnt sure. thanks

Edited by ionsmartparts

-2002 Impala Ls

-Optima yellow top x 2, big 3

-Pioneer 5.8" touchscreen

-Infinity 6.1 Kappa Perfect Components

-Alpine type r 6" coaxial x 4

- Audio Que hdc312 x 2

-Mb quart 4 ch. x 2

-knu wire

-Audio Que 2200w amp

- db electric 220amp alt

• 4 weeks later...

the calculations ive seen for kinetik (Maxxsonics video) uses AH to determine what battery will suffice. ive come up with 80+AH. but accordint to the XS Power chart the D1200 with 44AH should suffice. Does it come down to the technology differences?

i have a stock 90A alt and want to utilize the full potential of my Merlin MD2D @ 1500w rms @ 1ohm.

What XS Power batt would i need?

Peep my tunes...

'99 Audi A4 Q 1.8t

Knu 1/0 Big 3

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891 HU

US Amps Merlin MD2D 2ohm @ 1000w RMS

1x RE SX10D4 in custom ported 1" MDF box 1.25cf @ 34hz

4x Audiobahn 90w RMS 4" 2-ways

2x Kenwood Excelon 110w RMS 6x9 3-ways

2x Stock Bose high door tweets

AH means nothing in car audio. AH is low amperage pulls for long periods of time.

The D1200 will give you 1500watts of power as a starting battery for daily use and 3000 watts of power as a secondary battery for daily use. If you are going to compete or be doing demos, then you will want a bigger battery to help make up for the lack of alternator power.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg