2000 Gmc Sirerra 1500 gas milage

k&n cold air, throttle body spacer, flowmaster high-flow cats, cat back system with 3" pipe to a 4"x18"long tip out back right corner with flowmaster super 44 muff. I may do some other stuff but this is what i plan for this summer

Bills

The super 44's sound great.. Had em on my last truck and loved em

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

Throttle body spacers are useless unless its a carbureted engine. So those 3mpgs youre seeing extra is from the CAI.

I got 2 better with only the tbs and do you have some info to support this?? I'm not sayin that ur bs'in tho.. If it don't help I won't waste money on it..

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

I would suspect the winter blend gasoline, isn't helping much. I know a guy who had an early model hybrid gas/electric car. Summer he pulled 40 miles to a gallon. Winter time he only got 30ish mpg depending. If you were gonna do an upgrade, I would do a freer flowing exhaust and CAI. Ditch the throttle body spacers, the gain isn't worth it. Just my opinion. All they do is give you an extra cfm of air volume. A motor is a big air pump, the freer the air is and colder, the better it runs.

If I Got that in my truck I'd be happy =) Granted my foot is usually in it, and it's carbed. Its not stock either, but for a 350 crate motor with restrictive exhaust and not having a cold air intake, I manage 8 with my foot in it, and 12 with it out, city miles.. Stop and go kills me :wacko:

EDIT: I would check you air filter. I'd make sure it's clean. Also, check your throttle body and see if its dirty, any kind of dirt in a fuel injection system messes it up.

Edited by Wastehog

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

Try to find someone local to you with HP Tuners or EFI live so they can do a scan. I have a mail order tune for the 6.0 trucks that pick up mileage 2-3 miles per gallon. Too bad you are so far away or I would say lets give it a shot on your truck.

Damn I didnt realize that you guys were that close to me I pass the shop every time I go to TSC never put 2 and 2 together

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an 04 Silverado 1500 Crew cab 4x4, I get 16mpg hwy and city. K&N cold air intake, synthetic oil, dual exhaust, and I use AMS-Oil Proformance Improver every 10,000 miles $12. If I pull a trailer in 4 wheel drive she drops to 8 mpg, just pulling the trailer bout 12mpg