i have a 97 s10 with a ls1 from a 98 vette. i want more power out of it. where would be the best place to start???

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

AIR AIR and more AIR! Get in as much cold AIR as you can and do your best to get it out! Longtubes! A good pair or fab up some. Great torque curves if built right and power! Also try rear gears. Nothing like a higher gear ratio outback, 3.73+ usually the best bang for the buck purchase avaliable!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

it actually has a 9 in rear end. but as far as an intake what would you suggest on doing? whats the difference in long tube and shorties?

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Long tubes make more torque and power. Idk how/why but they do.

You can put an MSD ignition setup on it, and with a 9 inch theres plenty of gear options out there

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Cam, larger valves, stall converter (if an automatic). If you want crazy power you can go forced induction and add turbo's or supercharger.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

ALl good idears. GMPP should make a H/C/I kit. Just like the LT4 conversion kit with hot cam for the LT1. MSD ignition upgrade. Or like Sully said and do forced induction. Can get 500+ of stock stock motor!

1997 2 Door Blazer

Bagged & Body Dropped

SBC/TH350

I have tuned a number of LS1's. Everything from mild to wild. Long Tubes are usually worth an easy 20 rwhp with a stock cam. Add a cam and the gains from long tubes go up. A cam is going to be one of your bigest gains. You just need to make sure your cam is match to your torque converter. I would suggest either calling Texas Speed or Thunder Racing if you decide to go the cam route. I have seen a 100 rwhp gain from long tubes and a cam on an ls1. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

I am lost when it comes to all the new car audio equipment. However I imagine I can offer a wealth of information regarding LS1 modifications. :)

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

ALl good idears. GMPP should make a H/C/I kit. Just like the LT4 conversion kit with hot cam for the LT1. MSD ignition upgrade. Or like Sully said and do forced induction. Can get 500+ of stock stock motor!

Add Rod bolts to a stock LS1 and you can make well over 650 rwhp to the tires (750 flywheel)

Here is a graph of a 2008 G8 I did. Modifications include:

APS Twin Turbo kit

Comp Cams custom grind for the turbo kit.

Stock Heads and Intake

3" Magnaflow Catback

Tuned on Pump Gas and has been daily driven at this power level for 20,000 miles.

Scott%20Cook%20723RWHP.jpg

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg