ok i just edit this but i just ordered up some lowering springs for my ford explorer the part number is ground force 9926. My question is i really was not paying any atention but after i clicked order and payed for them i noticed it says 4.0 v6 and does not say anything bout 4.6 v8, but i have looked the part number up and on google it really dont say on other websites. So what is the difference in springs for the v6 compaired to the v8s? v6s stiffer? the drop is a 1.6 all around. if nobodie tells me tonight ill go crazy!!! till i call them tomo mornin. Thanks!!!!!

Edited by buddlydudly8989

i would say it would have to be the weight on the load of the springs, and the stiffness of the front springs so it can hold the weight of the front end, and the rear would be because a v8 can tow more than a 6 and it wont drag as much in the ass end. that's all i can think of.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

That is true, there is a spring rate difference between the v6 and v8 springs. It is not advised to use the wrong springs since it will affect your handling, load capacity, towing, tires rubbing, suspension travel, braking and also if you have a good size system in your vehicle, you will notice it will not look properly lowered from the outside. See, if you can exchange them or return them and be able to to get the correct springs for your suv

Edited by 8v fury

Pushing it to the limits. Want more power. 

That is true, there is a spring rate difference between the v6 and v8 springs. It is not advised to use the wrong springs since it will affect your handling, load capacity, towing, tires rubbing, suspension travel, braking and also if you have a good size system in your vehicle, you will notice it will not look properly lowered from the outside. See, if you can exchange them or return them and be able to to get the correct springs for your suv

yeah i talked to a guy at ground force and everything will be fine, he said they tested them on v6s and v8s, he said the only difference between the motor weight of a 4.0L to the 4.6L was like 30 lbs or something. He said it might sit just a hair lower than the specs say but he said i should not be able to really tell. Thanks for all the help.

Cool, at least you contacted the manufactuer, some people don't even do that. Now lets see some pictures.

yeah i just did not want to buy them and try to install them and they not fit, then i would be screwed for tryin to return them. lol ill get some pics up when i can. i have yet to put them in but thats because of my build i want to finish that before i work on the outside of my vehicle.