Sonic Electronix

what is the best 10 inch sub?

My bad brah......... OP.....get a DC,FI,AA,DD,....etc.

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

wait a second, you said you're throwing 400 watts to a l710 and it's getting stinky from too much power... i think you mean it's getting stinky from that fucked up horrid clipped to death excuse for a signal you're throwing at it, or it's in a really bad box

x2!

Ive currently got 2 L7 10's runnin 500 RMS on 'em! NEVER had a problem!!!! NEVER!!!!! The speaker is the end result of everything in front of it... alternator, battery, head unit, wiring, processor (if you've got them), amps, and enclosures. If any of this is not working appropriately and not working together, your speakers will sound like ass! It may be the said speaker, or it may not. Check all your gear, before you waste big $$ on a new sub, and still have the problem!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

as far as "best" 10, it's all a matter of opinion and budget. the 'net is your best friend - especially SMD! Do some research, hit up local car audio shops and shows. Find what YOU like!

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

yep... id say you need more power and set the gain correctly and you would be blown away by how much better and louder it will be

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

You can't tell him to make a bigger box when you don't even know what type of box he has and what he can fit

He has a Chevy Colorado truck...

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

the best 10 i've seen is dc lvl5 with the thorshammer package, i mean, it eats 7k like james woods eats pieces of candy

but for 400 watts, STOP EXPECTING TEH LOUDNESS. its stinkin cuz your clippin it, get a bigger amp and power that sub properly before you buy another sub and stink it up with the same shitty signal. how the hell didnt anyone say that yet?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

There is no best.

There is a best for you though, and for 400w, you have about 10,000 choices, and you may only get 3-4 suggestions on here and all or most are overkill for that power.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion