Sonic Electronix

what is the best 10 inch sub?

y u gotta be a dick its a simple question dont know much about those companies i only know that kicker is underrated on the other hand dont know bout hifonics

You compared a 500watt amp to a 1600 watt amp

at 2 ohms the hifonics is rated 1100, so it will put out around 900 to 1100 watts. the kicker might get up to 600 most of the birth sheets ive seen have about 25watts over rated power. I think it was just a dumb comparison

You compared a 500watt amp to a 1600 watt amp

at 2 ohms the hifonics is rated 1100, so it will put out around 900 to 1100 watts. the kicker might get up to 600 most of the birth sheets ive seen have about 25watts over rated power. I think it was just a dumb comparison

yeah i feel what ur saying but i was just asking cuz ive heard that hifonics are a little over rated i just wanted to know if it was whole lot so my guess would be pay an extra 20 bucks and get that hifonics

cowboys_logo.gif

It would also be nice to know if he's running this off of a stock HU or with RCAs.

What size wire?

Good connections?

OP:

First of all, turn bass boost off. COMPLETELY.

Reset the gains with a DMM.

Then test.

Then DITCH THE FUCKING SONY.

Last but not least, LURK MOAR.

[HOONIGAN]*

'01 Ford F-250 LWB
JVC KD-R950BT / Alpine MRV-M500 / (2) SWA-10s4

look man, it is possible that u do have the 1:1,000,000 bad L7, but probably not becuz it came that way, you have now made it bad by powering it with stinky signal!

here's a few websites: In no particular orrder

sounddomain.com

sonicelectronix.com

onlinecarstereo.com

crutchfield.com

hifisoundconnection.com

take a look around these sites and find some things you are interested in. Keep in mind you are looking for RMS power ratings, not MAX!! Post up links to stuff you are interested in, and everybody will be more than happy to give you an opinion. But be willing to listen!

oh yeah, whats the rest of your equipment like? these guys are tryin to help, but u r only givin partisal info

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

I need sum help.

I got a 10 L7 in my colorado. Wit only 400 rms goin to it and its maxing out. I was thinkin bout goin for a 10w7 but its expensive and I heard the 10L7 is louder.

I want your people's opinion on what a good 10inch sub would be.

Preferably louder than a 10L7. And handles a more power with killer excursion.

I only heard some mainstream brands like kicker and rockford and mtx's. The kicker was loudest.

But I wanna know some of these other company 10s like DD FI and sundown etc. Can you help me out.

My 10L7 is barely louder than 2 P3 shallow's. But its starting to stink wit too much power.

I'm looking for quality and loudness in one package. U guys seemed way more knowledgable on subwoofers.

Please and thanks. Kyle.

i put 2000 watts on my 2010 ten l7. and it bang no lie.

Edit: so just add more damn power then 400 watt amp.

oh wow, just buy something cheap because you will probably clip it to death

X2 haha

i put 2000 watts on my 2010 ten l7. and it bang no lie.

Edit: so just add more damn power then 400 watt amp.

What? lol

OP: Like everyone said, get a better amp. That woofer IMO will take 1000RMS with ease. That is if you know what your doing. I'd save for something like a Kicker 750.1

Derp.

I hope it will take 1000w.. mine sure didnt.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

i have a dual 4 ohm 10'' orion hcca being powered by a zapco 1100.1 and this shit slams for a 10'' its a mean ass sub with lots of excursion.. 4'' worth. and can handle 3000 watts rms if you wanted to .. but i say its one of the best 10'' i ever owned or heard.. i also haver had a 10'' sundown or a 10'' re but the type r 10'' is not what your looking for.. stay away..

4 15'' kicker L7 subs ( only 2 being used right now )

1 kicker zx2500.1 ( another soon 2 come )

box is 9.5 cubic feet slot portd thur the back seat

1 kicker zx650.4 amp powering 4 10'' ev dl10x mids ( rear deck )

1 kicker zx350.4 power 4 8'' beyma 8mi100 mid/highs ( 1 on each door )

2 runs of zero gauge wire ( about 60 feet total. )

big 3 done in zero gauge kicker wire

3 runs of 4 gauge for voice amps and eq' and crossover

2 kinetik hc1800 batteries in the trunk and 1 optima yellow top under the hood

260 amp irragi high output alternator ( soon to be 2 alt's )

alpine cda 9856 ipod headunit

kicker kx3 3 way crossover & a old school alpine 3342 digital 11 band sound field processor eq.

( search for ( 88bonnsse ) on youtube.com to see my videos..

Archived