Mechman Alternators

14 Volt battery demo - VIDEO -

logan is correct but in this case its only 16.4 its not a true 16V setup which would charge at like 18v lol...

more power = more heat? im sure if you crank it up too high itd overheat somewhere.

more voltage = less amperage for the same power. so wouldnt that be less heat?

you dont need a special alt for higher voltages. you just need a regulator set to whatever voltage you need. as for the other items in the car, they arnt ment for 16v so i would be worried about running that. however xs power has a module that will back off the voltage for the rest of your car.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100A @ 16v = 1600w

100a @ 14v = 1400W

alternators produce the same current regardless of voltage but if you run the voltage up its making more power and will get hot, im not sure what part would burn up maybe the rotor?

i dont think 14.4v-16.4 is as much of a difference, but 14v and 18-19v would be a good chunk of change.

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

that's nice.

HEAD UNIT JENSEN VM9312

4 12" KICKER COMPS

4 PUNCH 150 AMPS "0NE ON EACH SUB"

2 ALPINE 3522 ON MIDS AND HIGHS

MLA MOD

BIG 3

OPTIMA D31T BATTERY UP FRONT, ANOTHER IN BACK

2 KINETIK BATTERIES IN BACK ALSO"ONE 800,ONE 1200"

DUAL ALTERNATORS "ONE 200 AMP" OTHER MECHMAN 270 LARGE CASE

my truck never goes below 16.1v anymore. No problems with batts, amps, alts or the stock electronics. On a cold morning i have seen as high as 16.7v...that had me a bit worried :)

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

The primary advantage to the D1400 batteries, is that you can run 16.8 volts on them without burning up the batteries. People have been running charging voltage of 16+ volts on 12 volt batteries for years, but they find that the batteries end up swelling and failing in a very short time.

The 14 volt D1400 battery allows you to charge at 15.8 - 16.8 volts without overheating the battery. Increasing alternator voltage by 1-2 volts does not hurt the alternator at all, in fact, in some cases it can actually slightly increase the amperage of the alternator. Overall wattage output of the alternator will always be increased.

16 volt batteries are charged at 19.2 volts, which is way too high to run on a headunit, or stock electronics. On most vehicles, 16.5 volts is no big deal for the stock electrical.

Iam missing something here, or I get it...

Just seems like there is a gap in the info

14v batt, yes, but stays at 16.1v while alt running, resting is what, 14-15v Iam sure?

So with this battery 12volt alt + MLA module 15.7volts would be perfect?

or you just charge it with your 12v system (14.4v), but keep the electrical from the 14v batts only to amps or electrical that like 16v+?

Or 16v alt needed?

I know 15-15.7v is ok on the stock electrical according to MLA, but this seems like 1 whole more volt?

possible computer issues, etc?

nm... I used the Google look up and found 16v external regulators.. lol

edit2:

I actually watched the vid, looks like XS is the sht, thinking ahead of the pack

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.