Sonic Electronix

Can stock electrical handle 1500 watts rms

It was terrible for daily but that fact is that it worked. Unless you drive around playing sine waves you'll find your amp pulls like 1/10th of the current it does at full tilt most of the time. Seriously. I daily drove a ~5kw system with 2 batteries and a stock 90A alt for like, 2 years. Never ran the batteries flat once, and that included extended periods slamming on it at idle. Sure your voltage is a bit crazy but honestly, it doesn't matter that much. People here seem to get devastated by like, 0.3v drop, when I dare say they would never hear the difference if you quietly changed their alt so it always made 0.3v less and then turned up their volt gauge.

Volts are like frame rates in computer games - it's not until you stop looking that you realise they don't really mean shit to 99% of people.

Very very well spoken! kudos

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

get us some stats on that battery bro and we'll let you know but probably not. a 2 battery setup is very dangerous with a stock alternator. it is most certainly not designed to charge 2 stock batteries, let alone high performance ones.

just wanted to say that every boat that is/has been manufactured my whole time in the industry has had two batts on a stock alt.most of the time they are just 65 ampers,not even 90 ampers.

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

How big is the alt in that car?

not enough info on the car (engine size etc) but it looks to be a 130 amp alt he should be fine if this is the case

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Volts are like frame rates in computer games - it's not until you stop looking that you realise they don't really mean shit to 99% of people.

FPS mean alot. you can play at 15fps and ill play at 60, we can see who's looks better. ;)

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

because few of us can charge the batteries after draining them so much

how can a stock alt supply 15 batts full tilt for hours on end while demoin, o wait, it cant... so u get bigger alts to both supply the amp current and keep the batts closest to topped off at all times for the highest voltage

hell alot of my music approaches 26,27, 28db... a sine wave is usually 27-30db out of 30... so many of us are drainin the chit out of our stock electrical playing loud music

sure play rock with a kick here and there, but i slam the chit out of lows that last and songs with constant nonstop basslines... electrical is needed for alot of us on this forum, maybe not everyday joes, but if ur reading this ull likely benefit from the investment

id rather have voltage that doesnt move at all than one that fluctuates because i didnt get an alt to charge my batts/supply current

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

All you need is the big 3 and a yellow top under the hood and you'll be fine ;)

I'm running about 1400 watts rms total with a yellow top and big 3 and stock 90A? alt. I've yet seen my voltage drop down below 12.8 on full tilt.

i had the same power, same battery but with a 120amp alt. my lights dimmed so much they almost turned off. never measured voltage but it must have been 10's. so i have to completely disagree with the "no ho alt" argument. my car definitely needed one.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i had the same power, same battery but with a 120amp alt. my lights dimmed so much they almost turned off. never measured voltage but it must have been 10's. so i have to completely disagree with the "no ho alt" argument. my car definitely needed one.

bingo

stock 105a 03 grand am valeo alt

spv35 in back and front

4g on an re12.1 w/big3 and i saw 10v all the time

if u dont have voltage drop u dont have ur gain set right moh.vze, lol... to get 1400w u need over 100amps of current draw and theres no way unless u play quiet songs

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i had an 05 sonata with a 2500 watt set up,yellow top under the hood and kinetic hc800 in the trunk. I never had a problem not sure what size the stock alt was thoe,but like was said befor if you have the money to get an ho alt it wont hurt.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters