Sonic Electronix

Can stock electrical handle 1500 watts rms

because few of us can charge the batteries after draining them so much

how can a stock alt supply 15 batts full tilt for hours on end while demoin, o wait, it cant... so u get bigger alts to both supply the amp current and keep the batts closest to topped off at all times for the highest voltage

hell alot of my music approaches 26,27, 28db... a sine wave is usually 27-30db out of 30... so many of us are drainin the chit out of our stock electrical playing loud music

sure play rock with a kick here and there, but i slam the chit out of lows that last and songs with constant nonstop basslines... electrical is needed for alot of us on this forum, maybe not everyday joes, but if ur reading this ull likely benefit from the investment

id rather have voltage that doesnt move at all than one that fluctuates because i didnt get an alt to charge my batts/supply current

Let's be honest here... when did anyone here actually sit there and 'demo' for more than maybe 2 minutes at a time (except Steve and maybe the 3 people who take their systems to shows)

Considering the money I would have to spend to get constant voltage with a 10kw+ system... I just don't see the point. Entirely besides the fact that trying to drive the car at anything more than high 140's gets pretty unpleasant.

Like I said... me and my pissy little stock 90A alts have never had any problems with low voltage protect, amps blowing up, anything like that.

And James... yeah, if I had a pair of Audison LRX's I would be lobbing the cash around on electrical upgrades too :)

I defy most of you guys to tell me that you can 'hear' voltage drop... I bet most of you wouldn't even notice you had it if it wasn't for dimming... considering the amount of jank-ass installery you see being thrown into cars there are bigger things to worry about... ahhh shit I don't really care. Steve Meade has 4 alts so evidently the rest of the world requires 4 alts too...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

not to bash on anyone but there are some amps out there that claim high power but are just garbage. i installed a "3600 watt" amp in a subaru legacy pushing two 15s. this kid probably had $500 in the setup total that he probably bought online. the amps power input was hardly big enough for 4 gauge and i KNOW that you would need at leasy 1/0 to put out 3600 watts even for a second. so just because you have a 2500 watt setup doesnt mean its really 2500 watts. every amp is different and many companies are claiming outrageous numbers on these wimpy garbage amps.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

not to bash on anyone but there are some amps out there that claim high power but are just garbage. i installed a "3600 watt" amp in a subaru legacy pushing two 15s. this kid probably had $500 in the setup total that he probably bought online. the amps power input was hardly big enough for 4 gauge and i KNOW that you would need at leasy 1/0 to put out 3600 watts even for a second. so just because you have a 2500 watt setup doesnt mean its really 2500 watts. every amp is different and many companies are claiming outrageous numbers on these wimpy garbage amps.

I have 2 Stetsom 10kd's. They're modded. One benched at 12800wrms before an output MOSFET blew. I think I'm getting what I say I'm getting ;)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

haha your retarded

im actually laughing rather hard at this

and dont take this post seriously or offensively

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Let's be honest here... when did anyone here actually sit there and 'demo' for more than maybe 2 minutes at a time (except Steve and maybe the 3 people who take their systems to shows)

Considering the money I would have to spend to get constant voltage with a 10kw+ system... I just don't see the point. Entirely besides the fact that trying to drive the car at anything more than high 140's gets pretty unpleasant.

Like I said... me and my pissy little stock 90A alts have never had any problems with low voltage protect, amps blowing up, anything like that.

And James... yeah, if I had a pair of Audison LRX's I would be lobbing the cash around on electrical upgrades too :)

I defy most of you guys to tell me that you can 'hear' voltage drop... I bet most of you wouldn't even notice you had it if it wasn't for dimming... considering the amount of jank-ass installery you see being thrown into cars there are bigger things to worry about... ahhh shit I don't really care. Steve Meade has 4 alts so evidently the rest of the world requires 4 alts too...

of course boon is 10.x volts fo life he has that magic spl dust ray sells LoL jk man :P so I see the verdict to this topic is if you have the money to do so buy that ho alt or if your play like you need an ho alt, get the alt lol...

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

back when i was running a class d in my jetta you could hear a big diff if i sat there idle more then 5 mins slamming on it as of this second my lrx's sit on the floor in my kitchen until i recieve my alty lol...

this is totally car dependant, my jettas stock wiring is horrible....the alternator doesnt even go directly to the batt, its a stock 8gauge to the starter from the alternator, then a stock 4 gauge from the starter to the battery.

Ive since put all 1/0 in the car totally taking away the "it will work off stock electrical" other cars ive owned i played 3krms dipping into the 11s and never blew any equipment. My jetta = NEEDED upgrades to wire and alternator in order to protect the investment of equipment.

Although i have pricey equipment even buying a whole internet setup imo its work the 500ish for an alternator to protect that investment. Just my opinion but its just plain out lazy to say oh well boon was ok so i'll be ok, or i dont own audison LRX so my equipment doesnt diserve the power to them.

014mr.jpg

By jcoil2010, shot with RHOD500 at 2010-03-06

anyways you good with 1500 watts in your car, just add a batterie and the big three!

i too ran many setups with oem alt and never had a problem but best believe that if i had the bucks i would of had an ho alt with them!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Running 2KW in my 1996 Chevy 2500 on stock 105A alt and battery.

If I hammer on it then voltage drops a lot, but on average the volts hover in the 12.5-14.0 range... and that is relatively loud there.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Not so much a trendy thing to do sir... it really isn't, most people just want maximum potential out of their audio setups. It's not oh he has X amount of alternator juice so we all have to have 284287278 alternators! It's lets find a way to push our shit to the limits in the most cost effective way.

Alternators, depending on which company you actually purchase them from will cost ABOUT the same as most decent sized batteries now a days depending on your amperage requirements...

I haven't personally been able to tell the difference much on music.. It'd probably be dependent on which song you are listening to, on test tones then of course it'd be noticeable though.

You denying an alternator upgrade is like saying.. okay! moving to 16 volt batteries and charging them @ 19volts won't help you get any louder!! More voltage.. less amperage demand.. more power? Downsides? I can't think of any...

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Archived